Skip navigation
colinswood9
Currently Being Moderated

I have photoshop elements 10 with all updates but it will not import raw files from my sony rx100

Dec 14, 2012 4:05 AM

Can anyone help. I have adobe elements 10 with all updates but it will not import .arw (raw) files from my sony rx100

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2012 4:37 AM   in reply to colinswood9

I think Sony RX2 is supported with ACR7.2 update onwards.

Thanks

Andaleeb

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 7:03 AM   in reply to andaleebfatima1

Sony RX2 is supported in ACR7.2 and higher whereas PSE10 can go as high as ACR6.3

Thus you wont be able to open your raw files directly into ACR. You might want to download DNG convertor(version 7.2 or higher) and use it to convert your raw files to a different raw format (.dng) which is supported by all ACR versions.

Windows download click here DNG Converter 7.2

Mac download click here DNG Converter 7.2

You Tube click here for DNG Converter tutorial

Curtsey of 99jon

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 14, 2012 7:35 AM   in reply to colinswood9

colinswood9 wrote:

Can anyone help. I have adobe elements 10 with all updates but it will not import .arw (raw) files from my sony rx100

I have an RX100 and had Elements 10.  Adobe will not provide the Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) for Elements 10 past 6.7.  As you probably know, each and every camera needs an an individual "map" of how to make their RAW files useable.  As new cameras arrive on the market Adobe has to include them in ACR.  In both versions of Photoshop, it operates as a "plug in".  In Lightroom, the RAW processing is integrated into the program itself. 

I used my new RX100 as an excuse to get Elements 11 for the RAW support.  When I first installed it (from disk), it had ACR 7.0 that did not include the RX100.  Under the help menu is a "check for upgrades".  It looks for new versions of ACR and installs them.  The current version is up to 7.3. 

The new version of Photoshop Elements 11 includes an entirely new interface and takes a little time to learn.  If you are going to spend some time "learning" you might consider Lightroom.  It will do the RAW processing and export a copy to Photoshop Elements 10.

Not mentioned in previous posts is the Sony "Image Data Converter" that can convert the RAW files.  It is downloadable from the RX100 support page at Sony and will also prepare RAW files for use in Elements 10.

Bill

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points