Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Preparing for a PDF review

Dec 14, 2012 5:23 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to Community Help

1. "If you do not use a managed review (for example, if you send a PDF directly in email), you can still enable commenting rights. Open the PDF and choose File > Save As Other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable Commenting In Adobe Reader."

Problem: The Enable option is not offered (but appears without focus).

2.  "Double-click Internet Options in the Control Panel. In the Internet Properties dialog box, select the Programs tab, and then select the preferred email application. Restart Acrobat to activate the change."

Problem. Only 3 applications are offered, none of which I have ever used and prefer not to use. I always use Firefox.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 11:22 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have a PDF and enable its Reader rights. Then I attach it to a "host" PDF. It seems that attached PDF looses Reader rigthts. Any solutions? Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to mrfale67

How are you attaching it to the host PDF? Are you using the paperclip icon in the Attachements navigation pane?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 8, 2013 11:57 PM   in reply to LoriAUC

Hi Lori,

thanks for feedback.

Actually, I tried both method:

1) paperclip in the left-side attachment navigation pane;

2) paperclip in the right-side annotation pane;

no way to keep the attachment with extension rights.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 9:31 AM   in reply to mrfale67

What version of Acrobat are you using? You need the Pro. version to do this.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 12:34 AM   in reply to LoriAUC

Hi Lori,

I am with Acrobat X ver. 10.1.7.

This issue is not urgent to me any more but I still wish I could better understand it.

Do you mind if I ask you to have a go with the following 2 test cases (I suppose you are with Acrobat XI, so you can give me good reasons to move to this newer version). Take all the time you need.

1) a PDF doc and any other PDF attachments that need Reader rights extension: try to open the attachment and check if it maintains Reader rights;

2) a PDF doc and a LiveCycle dynamic form (this my present case): it seems that LiveCycle dynamic forms can't be extended in Acrobat but to me this is partially true. If you put an email submit button on a LiveCycle dynamic form and save it as a dynamic PDF, the email submit button will not work in Reader unless you process it in Acrobat to extend Reader rights. However, once the dynamic form is attached to an host container PDF, the submit button never works.

Thanks for your assistance!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points