Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

2 questions about this forum

Dec 14, 2012 4:06 PM

Since the forums have been reorganized (yeah, I know its been a while).  I never fail to be confused when I try to use them.

For instance:

1) At the top of the list of questions for adobe Bridge general discussion, I see the Heading:

"Trending Questions"

What on earth is that supposed to mean.  What does "trending" mean in this unusual usage?

2) How can I get an advanced search dialog for this particular forum? When I click on the `Be sure to search the forum' link it just pops me to a new page apparently 1 layer back from this forum to Bridge with the lamest search dialog I've seen on any forum.

I'd like to search for a particular poster, or a particular date range or etc etc.  How can I do that?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 14, 2012 4:39 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

Had to do a little research as "trending questions" was a puzzler.  You are looking at the  bridge general discussion page, and I always bring up the Bridge Forum page where trending is not there.  Think it refers to current questions.

Some forums have a "search this forum only" box, but none has been set up here.  You can the user name and have it return posts.  If you know the subject it is still more complete search to use google.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 15, 2012 2:23 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

Since the forums have been reorganized (yeah, I know its been a while).  I never fail to be confused when I try to use them.

While using email mainly to respond and sometimes the link in the mail to visit the forum page or to attach files I also tried what you have done and I fully understand your feelings. Think Curt has put you on the right track but I'm still unhappy with this mixed system forum set up, some problems might look the same, solutions can be very different and it is by far not clear for users they post on a forum using both Windows and Mac.

This Adobe Forum has gone through a lot of changes over the years and sadly enough not always for the better...

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Jan 2, 2013 10:08 AM   in reply to HarryPutnam

I'm guessing there is some other obvious way I'm not seeing?

I'm afraid the Adobe Forum pages nowadays have very less obvious to offer...

Understanding your problem I also can advise you to subscribe to the forum or a single post via email which I personally find a better way to handle. (although for some -again - not obvious reason posts that have been moved from another forum by Adobe Staff does not notify you by mail)

However if you look at the window you mentioned the trending Questions section is the list with most recent posts. If you click on one post it will unfold the thread in a new window.

But searching the Forum is still quite a challenge. Their are two options for it. One is called 'ask a question' and the other is called 'search'

For obvious reason finding a post with info about your problem would bring your attention to the field called search and adding a word related to your problem.

But as you already stated yourself that it is not easy to see the obvious, using this route bring you to the wide community and you soon get lost.

However using the not so obvious field called ask a question (which you and I would use to add a post to the Forum) brings you to other posts with wanted info of your subject...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to HarryPutnam

HarryPutnam,

An Adobe staff person has requested my input as a lay person on this very subject (confusion on getting to forum).  It appears that Adobe is attempting to get rid of the section where one can choose the different sub forums (Bridge General Discussion, Bridge Scripting, Bridge Feature Requests).  Same idea with the other forums.  I think it will make it even more difficult for the public.

I would appreciate your input on how best to handle this issue.  Please send me a Personal Message (click on name and then send PM).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points