Skip navigation
limexpika
Currently Being Moderated

Flash cs6 text is not showing up.

Dec 14, 2012 11:17 PM

Tags: #text #flash_cs6 #invisible_text

Hello,

I just opened up flash cs6 and found out that the text tool isn't working right.  It lets me select the tool and place a text box, but the text is not showing up.  It is taking up space in the text box, but I cannot see it.  The alpha is 100% already, I don't know what's going on.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,235 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 7:20 AM   in reply to limexpika

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 5:08 PM   in reply to limexpika

The security updates address critical vulerabilites. Without them, a malicious website may be able to run code on your computer simple when you visit it. So I'd recommend only uninstalling them if you really must. It would be better to wait for Microsoft to fix their problem, but who knows how long this will take.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 17, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to Cannchet

Yes, but you know, work is what I am payed for. And with these kinds of EXTRA problems I CANNOT work so I give more priority to CAN than MAY. But thank you all for the kind infos and help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 3:20 AM   in reply to limexpika

As a workaround, if you don't want to be removing Microsoft Security updates until they have been fixed (this exact problem was introduced previously on MacOS and later rectified also) we have found that converting the fonts you have problems with into TTF via an application such as http://www.freefontconverter.com/ allows the fonts to function correctly.

There are better ways of converting large volumes of fonts if you require to do so, but if you're simply having an issue with one or two fonts that you need until MS fix their update, we've found this to be a suitable workaround.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 3:25 AM   in reply to Jon_Brittan

Hello everyone,

Please read this TechNote for information on how this issue can be fixed.

Regards,

Suhas Yogin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points