Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Help | Copy CSS from layers | Creative Cloud

Dec 15, 2012 3:53 AM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 3:53 AM   in reply to Community Help

Hello!

I do not see this option, and updated in Photoshop, and I am a member to creative cloud. What do I do?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 10:55 AM   in reply to Typo83

I have the exact same thing. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 1:00 PM   in reply to JulesN

Two things:

1) You need to update to the absolute latest version of Photoshop (v13.1) that was pushed out around Dec 13th 2012; and...

2) When you are alt-clicking on a layer or group, DO NOT alt click on the thumbnail image, but rather instead, click on its text label to the right of the thumbnail images. Then you will see the CSS Copy option.

Hope this helps. 

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2012 12:14 AM   in reply to jeffyerkey

These are two very clear, and I'm over it. I wrote it as it still does not appear in the options! But thanks anyway.

I've noticed that a different language is installed like any other program. This may cause the problem?

new developments: a PC laptop has been updated, but not on the iMac. However, I used to work with the iMac. I'm going to take the Adobe and re-installing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 8:17 AM   in reply to Community Help

It still doesn't work in Photoshop 13.04 on mac.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 25, 2013 8:57 AM   in reply to sergepaulus

You have to upgrade to version 13.1 to have it work, sergepaulus.

|
    Mark as:
  • Pierre Courtejoie
    7,038 posts
    Jan 11, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 6:49 AM   in reply to sergepaulus

Serge, 13.0.4 is the Creative Suite version, only the 13.1.x (Creative Cloud versions) have this option.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:03 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

Hi, I joined creative cloud yesterday (07 Feb 2013) and downloaded and installed photoshop CS6 extended. Surely then I sould have thwe export CSS function? But I don't!
    My photoshop says it's version 13.0.1 x32 (PC). Do I not have the latest version? i.e. 13.1 ? How do I get it?
    Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to David Wavre

Hey Nick,

Deactivate it.  Close out PhotoShop, then open it again and reactivate it.

I'm on a Mac and it wouldn't let me deactivate it, so I had to completely uninstall it.  Hope you don't.

Hope that works for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:07 AM   in reply to JulesN

Thanks for the advice JulesN - tried what you said but it didn't work. I think I know why now - Apparently 13.1 does not work on Windows XP (which is what I have). So this great feature it seems is out of my reach...
    http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/release-notes-photoshop-13011-upda te.html

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:18 AM   in reply to David Wavre

That's unfortunate!  Didn't think of that! 

If you upgrade that old sytem, I think you won't know what hit you when you go to use your Adobe products! 

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:38 AM   in reply to JulesN

Didn't bank on having to upgrade to Windows 7 aswell! Gosh this is getting expensive :O

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 8, 2013 8:51 AM   in reply to David Wavre

Welcome to my world!  I'm a freelance Web designer.  I have over $13,000 in computer equipment not including ANY programs!   

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 11:39 AM   in reply to JulesN

Is the only way to update to 13.1 by paying $50 a month for creative cloud?  This feature does not seem attached to cloud functionality at all.  Is there a way to use this feauture without creative cloud?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 11:49 AM   in reply to Pierre Courtejoie

There is no way to have this option without creative cloud?  This feature has nothing to do with the cloud.  Why are photoshop versions fracturing in this manner?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 29, 2013 3:26 PM   in reply to benjamin_JFB

benjamin_JFB wrote:

There is no way to have this option without creative cloud?  This feature has nothing to do with the cloud.  Why are photoshop versions fracturing in this manner?

Dont' be surprised. It's been Adobe's strategy since the Cloud was launched last year.

The extra Cloud-only features are designed to make the Cloud more and  more attractive. The new features have little or no connection to Cloud functionality itself, they're just desirable new features designed to add value to the Cloud apps and make perpetual licensed customers want them.(Seems to be working).

Adobe has said that Cloud-only features in the CS6 cycle will be introduced into the next paid-for perpetual license upgrade (probably CS7) - but Cloud members will always get early access to them.

Same applies to new Cloud-only features introduced in other Cloud apps such as Illustrator and Dreamweaver.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2013 4:47 AM   in reply to benjamin_JFB

Just for the sake of comparison, let’s compare Photoshop’s new built-in Copy CSS feature to a free Photoshop plugin called CSS3Ps, which essentially promises the same functionality. And i must say they’re actually better than the built-in Photoshop feature.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 24, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to Community Help

If you don't have this menu option please check http://stylesheetpanel.com/ it does the same thing.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points