Skip navigation
GeorgeDaPorge
Currently Being Moderated

Need to create movie with mp2 extension

Dec 15, 2012 6:22 AM

I am using Premier Elements 11.  I have an HDTV that can play movies off an SD card.  The movie file extention must be .mp2.  In Premier Elements I can't figure out how to create a movie file with that extension.  In the "Publish & Share" drop down box it shows selections for MPEG2 files, but when I create movies with one of those selections the extension is .m2t.  The TV doesn't recognize that.  Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 7:33 AM   in reply to GeorgeDaPorge

Welcome to the forum.

Have you tried just renaming the M2t file's extension to MP2?

That is the first thing that I would try.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 7:57 AM   in reply to GeorgeDaPorge

GeorgeDaPorge

Could you confirm the details that you present to define your issue. You talk about "movie" but the file extension (mp2) that you say you require is a file extension for audio, not video. If really mp2 that is "MPEG-1 Audio Layer-2 Compression". It is not the same as MPEG2 which might represent video compression of the file.

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/mp2

If it is an audio file that you want to export from Premiere Elements 11 (assumed Windows), then check out Publish+Share/Computer/Audio. But, you are going to find there only exports for AAC, .mp3, and WAV.

If it really is an video file involved and do not want a .m2t file extension, then keep away from the MPEG2 HD choices under Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG. The alternative in that MPEG area is .mpg (see choices shown as HDTV.....).

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

A T,

Great points, as always, and thank you for those clarifications, as they should help the OP get what they need.

Appreciated,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 23, 2012 7:04 PM   in reply to GeorgeDaPorge

GeorgeDaPorge

Thanks for the follow up and some updated information on what you are working with. Remember, .mp4 and other file extensions are wrapper formats and not the video or audio compression. You really need to take all into consideration when you run into problems.

Without further information, I would offer this. If you are after a video file with a .mp4 file extension from Premiere Elements 11 Windows, please look at:

Publish+Share/Mobile Phones and Players/Apple, iPod, iPad, iPhone/ and then select one of the Presets: which you can customized under the Advanced Button of the preset selected. Here you will end up with H.264 video compression with a .mp4 file extension (wrapper).

Another way to get a video file with a .mp4 file extension from Premiere Elements 11 Windows, please look at:

Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD/and select one of the MP4 presets which can be customized under the Advanced Button of the preset selected. In this case you will end up with AVCHD video compression with a .mp4 file extension (wrapper).

I have run into several who has had problems getting video playback on TV, Blu-ray player and the like when a SD card was used to introduce the movie into the player. Can you play any movie from a SD card on your TV even if you take Premiere Elements 11 out of the equation?

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 7:31 PM   in reply to GeorgeDaPorge

GeorgeDaPorge

Thanks for the updating us on your progress. As I mentioned, many have problems trying to use a SD card/TV combo. But it sounds like you have good alternatives. So keep up the good work with them. If you need any help moving forward with the DVD with menus for a Premiere Elements project, please let us know. You have great subject matter which should make for a great DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc  that you and family will treasure. As you work with these projects, you will find more and more ways to embellish them. Some with sons and daughters in sports like to highlight them in action so that the viewer's attention is drawn to them as they play and move. Lots of possibilities.

Continued success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points