Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4: An error occurred when attempting to change modules.

Dec 15, 2012 10:27 AM

Tags: #lightroom4

I downloaded Lightroom 4 a few days ago and installed it on my MacBook Pro. Everything worked great. I thought it would overwrite Lightroom 3, but it didn't. So Lightroom 3 is still installed, but I haven't opened it since I installed Lightroom 4.

I downloaded Lightroom 4.3 this morning and installed it on the same MacBook Pro.  Using my MacBook Pro and a second monitor, I opened Lightroom 4.3 and worked on some photos. Everything worked great.

Then I began watching a slideshow in the Lightroom 4.3 slideshow module on the second monitor with my MacBook Pro in the library module. During the slideshow I clicked on the slideshow module on my MacBook Pro and got this error message:

An error occurred when attempting to change modules.

Now I can’t get into the slideshow module. I just get the error message.

I moved the preferences file to the trash and reopened Lightroom 4 but lost color labels, so I put it back in the preferences folder.

Thanks for your help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to SawmillHollow

I had the exact issue this morning after installing 4.3.  Unable to access the slide show module.  Moved preferences to trash, tried setting up new catalogue neither of which worked. Also tried reinstalling Lightroom.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2012 7:07 AM   in reply to SawmillHollow

I'm also using 2 monitors.... Unfortunately still had the issue with the single monitor.  Interesting though I can get slideshow to work on the second monitor

I did try logging into the computer under a different user, importing a few images into a catalogue under that user and the slideshow module worked

That leads me to think its something with preferences

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 4:06 AM   in reply to JimboG210

Hi, same issue here. I tried to get some old prefs out of time machine, but that did not do the trick too. So there seems to be somethign really od. With a new user it is working without any issues, just the old user can't access the slideshow. Did anybody of you find a solution?

Edit:

I tried the 2nd monitor thing too..it was working without any issues then. After reconnecting the 2nd screen same issue as before.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 2:31 PM   in reply to Hennisch

I'm still stumped on this one.  I have not been able t resolve.  Very frustrating

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 27, 2013 5:02 AM   in reply to SawmillHollow

I have got the same problem with a second monitor on a macbook. My solution (but not a real one): quit lightroom, diconnect the second monitor, launch lightroom go to slide show module (it should works) connect the second monitor, now you can use lightroom's slide show module on the second monitor. Which is frustating is the silence from adobe.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 27, 2013 12:23 PM   in reply to philto2

philto2 wrote:

Which is frustating is the silence from adobe.

There's confirmation on the bug report to say they're aware and working on it.  http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom_4_3_sl ideshow_bug

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 5, 2013 3:19 AM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

4.3 is the problem. Download and install 4.2 after having removed 4.3 solves this problem in the short term. The issue still needs to resolved for future updates.

rg

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 6, 2013 2:32 PM   in reply to SawmillHollow

Download Lightroom 4.2 from Adobe downloads.

Remove lightroom 4.3 from your computer. Keep in mind that all of you images are wherever you stored them

and all of your edits are in the catalog. We are not deleting the catalog nor your edits. They will be fine.

After you install 4.3 go to the catalog preferences and point it to wherever you lightroom catalog is  i.e. Pictures/lightroom  etc

Rick Garanflo

rickg@austin.rr.com

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points