Skip navigation
TGCbad
Currently Being Moderated

Is there a share setting for saving video in 1080p 60fps?

Dec 15, 2012 1:18 PM

My camera saves video at 1080p 60fps. It plays fine in this format on my PC. I'd like to edit it and keep it at that same format but I do not see a share setting in Elements 11 that does that. No more than 30fps. Is there a way for me to avoid losing frames?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 2:01 PM   in reply to TGCbad

TGCbad wrote:

My camera saves video at 1080p 60fps. It plays fine in this format on my PC. I'd like to edit it and keep it at that same format but I do not see a share setting in Elements 11 that does that. No more than 30fps. Is there a way for me to avoid losing frames?

I have not found one built in.  But, it is easy enough to do. 

Publish & Share > Computer > AVCHD > select the preset "MP4 H264 1920x1080 p30" > press the "Advanced" button > pick the "Video" tab > change the frame rate to 59.94 (or 60).  It will give you an option to save the new choice as a preset for future use. 

There is also a bit rate setting.  My 1080p60 files have a variable bit rate of 28 Mbs.  The settings in PrE11 are a little higher with a "target" of 32 and a max of 40.  Consequently the resulting file is a little larger than the sum of its pieces.

With AVCHD 1080p input and output my computer works pretty hard!

There is debate about "lossless" joining or triming of clips and software that does that.  With PrE11 I don't know what is or is not lost in the rendering to output process.  I carefully save the project and the source files in a single folder so that I can always reopen the project and "final render" to any new viewing platform as needed. 

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 9:37 PM   in reply to TGCbad

TGCbad wrote:

It doesn't seem to make a difference that I can see but it would make me less suspicious if there was a way to do that too.

Suspicious of what?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2012 7:02 AM   in reply to TGCbad

When one edits a compressed format, and then does an Export/Share/Publish to a compressed format/CODEC, there will be some quality loss, but with HD material, and depending on the CODEC and Bit-Rate chosen for that Export/Share/Publish operation, it should not be noticed. If one later Imports that output file, edits it some more, and then does another Export/Share/Publish operation, one may well notice the additional compression, and especially in sections with high, off-axis motion.

If one is doing the Export/Share/Publish, with plans on doing more editing later, or in another program, this article might be helpful: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4556586#4556586. Even with SD material in the DV-AVI format w/ the DV/DVC CODEC, there is a certain amount of compression (about 5%), and I will use intermediate files, if I am going between programs (like After Effects), or planning on re-editing.

Doing many compressions is like doing a FAX, of a FAX, of a FAX. After a bit, the quality really goes down.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I am following this as I shoot at

PS [HD] 1920 x 1080 60p

I am understanding how to change in the sharing as mentionned above to 60p.

However, even though PE11 automatically adjusts the properties I cannot find 60 p properties in the manual search.Only 30p. I think that part was omitted in the above question/answers.
    What would be the sense shooting at 60p if the PE11 settings are only 30p? Edit in 30p and then render/share in 60p? Being on a learning curve I don't see the logic in this. Am I missing something?

Luis C.jpg

Thank You. Ara and Spirit

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to beemerchef

There is an Adobe article on some missing presets here:  http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/missing-presets-pre-11.htm l

Bill

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 9:05 PM   in reply to whsprague

Thanks Bill. I do have the English [USA] version, I will check in a little while. We are on the road and Internet is a bit scarce right now in the Texas Southern Deserrt. I think and deel this will solve the problem. Getting there!

Stay well. Ara and Spirit

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:00 PM   in reply to beemerchef

OK, I checked in the present and English version, 1080 60p is still missing. In the initial settings.

These are the instructions. Wondering if I can get in touch with Adobe for a better answer.

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i-39qRrQx/0/O/i-39qRrQx.jpg

These are PE11 setting choices as per instructions.

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i-rjsvpSQ/0/O/i-rjsvpSQ.jpg

AVCHD LITE 720p50 is the closest and not 1920x1080 / 60p
    I wonder how this has never been brought up before.

Any thoughts?

Thanks. Ara and Spirit

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 10:14 PM   in reply to beemerchef

I had the same issue with an English version so I installed the new presets and it worked.

Dave

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 27, 2013 9:43 AM   in reply to Dave__J__E

OK, problem solved.

I must say ADOBE's Phone service is excellent. [at N/C].
    Bill, Dave, I understood the logic behind what you wrote but could not do it myself. My knowledge just does not go that far...
    So they did it for me over the phone and installed those presets.

All is well, took a bit of time but all done now.

I am aware that PE11 picks up the settings automatically but I think it is good to double check manually.

Stay well... big relief. Thank You.

Ara and Spirit

http://beemerchef.smugmug.com/photos/i-wN7CPMF/0/S/i-wN7CPMF-S.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points