Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Creating a project

Dec 15, 2012 2:52 PM

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 15, 2012 2:52 PM   in reply to Community Help

Whare do I get instructions how to use premiere element 11 to  edit vhs tapes to put than on DVD

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 2:56 PM   in reply to durpicturemaker

For analog material to digital, this article will give you a good start: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3748554#3748554

For the Project's Preset, you would choose either NTSC, or PAL (depending on where you live), DV Standard 4:3 w/ 48KHz Audio.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 5:04 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Also, for a basic understanding of the program, check out my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/537685?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 15, 2012 9:34 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Bill Hunt wrote:

For the Project's Preset, you would choose either NTSC, or PAL (depending on where you live), DV Standard 4:3 w/ 48KHz Audio.

Bill,

In PrE 11, you are supposed to put a primary clip on the timeline and let it find the preset for you.  Athough you can select a preset, it will change it when you slide your first clip to the timeline.  There appears to be an optional check box that will force it to do what you tell it.  I don't know how that works because so far, it gets it right.

Bill (another one)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 16, 2012 7:10 AM   in reply to whsprague

Bill,

Yes, PrE 11 has added the capability for the program to "survey" the Source Footage, and create a Project, that matches it.

With analog Capture, from an A-D Bridge, the analong material will be digitized to DV-AVI (or MOV w/ the DV/DVC CODEC on a Mac), if properly set up, and will be Captured to a Project, so it would be best to set that Project up correctly originally, as there is yet material to "survey." Also, with an A-D Bridge, like the Canopus/Grass Valley units, the Capture will be in a specific format, with specific parameters. As VHS was 4:3, and not 16:9, the choice in an SD DV Project is limited to only the TV Standard of NTSC, or PAL, and the Audio Sample Rate. As DVD is 48KHz, by definition and the DVD-specs., I recommend that setting.

With material from another device, say a camera, then the ability of PrE 11 to determine the full specs., and create the Project to match is wonderful, and long-awaited.

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 31, 2013 7:12 PM   in reply to Bill Hunt

I have a Sony DCR-TRV350 and each time I capture a clip, I get the message that the settings do not match those of the project.  However, it refers me to a link that doesn't tell me a thing.  I have no indication that PrE11 is determining the full specs or modifying the project to match.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 1, 2013 5:18 AM   in reply to nihongo learner

Your question is not related to this thread, nihongo.

However, if you have attached your camcorder to your computer with a FireWire cable, you should be able to capture your Digital8 video using Add Media/From DV Camcorder.

If this is not working for you, please start a new thread and include the details of your system including your operating system, processor speed, RAM load and if you have the latest version of Quicktime installed.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 3:27 PM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

I realize this is a different tangent, but it was related to comments in the previous post.  I can capture video, but the warning makes me wonder if I am getting the best possible quality.  I'll try to find a more appropriate forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 3, 2013 8:29 PM   in reply to Community Help

I hope this starts a new thread.  My question relates to Project presets and settings.  When I click "get media" and DV camcorder, I get the message that the camera settings do not match the project settings.  I can ignore the warning and capture my videos, but I question if I'm getting the best quality.  The warning contains a link, but it is not helpful.  I am using Windows 7.  I have a Sony DCR-TRV350 which automatically converts my old analog 8mm tapes to digital.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 4, 2013 5:26 AM   in reply to nihongo learner

Nihongo learner, PLEASE start your own new discussion! Your questions do not belong in this thread.

Please go to the Premiere Elements main forum and click the Start a New Discussion button. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points