• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FlexPMD and FB 4.7, no results

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2012 Dec 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just installed FB 4.7 on mac OS X (10.8). Downloaded eclipse plugins and set up commandline paths.

FlexPMD shows as flexpmd.running, but no results show.

FlexCPD runs and returns results as expected.

Any pointers? Does 1.2 still require all paths to be without spaces?

TOPICS
FlexPMD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 24, 2013 May 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't speak for OSX, but on Windows 7 I had to run FlexBuilder as an _administrative user_ before I could see results (i.e., same scenario as yours). Possibly you are running into a permissioning problem also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2013 May 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thans Jim,

I've checked my permissions, I am be running as admin so it's not that either.

Pity, PMD was really useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry that didn’t help. After looking at the FlexPMD forum some more (since I made the post you saw), I now believe that the admin/permissions change is just a symptom/work-around for the ‘real’ issue: a problem with Java not being able to write to ‘temporary’ folder(s). But please note that I haven’t confirmed that belief yet, on my own machine, so it is an unverified assumption! If you want to pursue that idea, I’d suggest trying the suggestion of “nephi.wright” (Post #8, Feb 16, 2012) et al., at this FlexPMD forum URL: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/765512?tstart=0 (Note: if you’re on OSX, the actual path string to enter is going to be quite different—hopefully you know what the OSX equivalent would be…)

Good luck,

Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2013 May 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for keeping at it.

I just tried the "nephi.wright" solution: Created a new folder, gave everyone read/write access and set that up as java temp folder in the preferences. Didn't make any difference.

Strangely, I can't find any errors in system console after running FlexPMD. Eclipse creates a few, but none from PMD.

And even stranger, the "find suspect cut & paste" part of PMD runs just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines