Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Synchronization information not found in FTP transfer

Dec 17, 2012 12:12 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #cs6 #ftp #synchronization

I've never gotten this error message before and just started getting for a webpage I'm editing. The page is: http://m.whitewatertours.com/bachelor-bachelorette-party-rafting-trips .html. Here is also a screen shot of the full message:

synchornizationDWFTP.jpg

If I do choose to still put the file, the changes I made are not reflected on the website...I put the file succesfully this morning, than 30 minutes later after making a few changes, now I get this message.

Would love to know how to fix this!

Jenny

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2012 5:25 PM   in reply to TribJenny

You have not stated which version of DW you are using.

If you are using CS6 then have a look here http://blogs.adobe.com/dreamweaver/2012/07/dreamweaver-cs6-update-12-0 -1.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 11:27 AM   in reply to TribJenny

I have the same problem and it appears to deal with synchronization information. I am on Windows7, 64bit system running Dreamweaver CS6 12.1.5966.

Since I installed CS6, any time I get a message that synchronization information cannot be found my file upload gets cancelled. It doesn't matter if I choose "yes", or "yes to all". With CS5, the file would simply be uploaded and synchronization information created and it would work fine. If synchronization info is there, then upload proceeds without issues. I have checked, file permissions are accurate. I have also tested with Filezilla, no problem uploading through Filezilla. In order to continue using Dreamweaver, I have to disable the synchronization option in site settings.

Anyone figured out this issue and how to fix it?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to TribJenny

You can disable the synchronization for the site you are having issues with. I do hope this gets addressed though. It is a big deal if FTP doesn't work properly the way it was intended.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 26, 2013 7:25 AM   in reply to TribJenny

I'm still receiving this error after the latest update to CS6 Dreamweaver.

When clicking "Yes", the file is not overwritten, and the FTP log area says "Operation Cancelled".

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to mirphi

Thank you for that suggestion. This has been driving me nuts for weeks so now I have disabled the synchronization for two of the sites I work with frequently, but hopefully there is a fix for this. I am using Windows 7, 64-bit DWCS6, version 12.0 Build 5861. I just checked for updates and there wasn't any.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to TribJenny

It's now working in the latest: Dreamweaver CS6 version 12.2, Build 6006.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 20, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to jwpstreet

Where is this latest update, version 12.2, Build 6006? When I check for updates in Dreamweaver, it says there are none and all applications are up to date, but I'm on 12.0, Build 5861.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2013 7:23 PM   in reply to TribJenny

I am having the same issue. 

When I select one or more a Local files, then click Put.  I get the warning that Synchronization information is not available.  If I click "Yes" or "Yes to All", nothing happens.  The file is not transfered.

I have tried to manually download 12.0.2 from http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html.  Upon installation, I get an error: "Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.2 update to address critical issues Installation failed. Error Code: U44M2P7".  I have tried this with the "Run as Administrator" option with the same result.

I have manually downloaded 12.0.3 from http://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/downloads_updaters.html.  This appears to install, but Dreamweaver reports I'm still on 12.0 Build 5861.  I have tried this with the "Run as Administrator" option with the same result.

The built in updater reports I'm up to date.

If I turn off "Maintain Synchronization Information" in my Site Config, files transfer as expected. This is not a long term solution.

jwpstreet mentioned version 12.2, Build 6006 fixing the problem.  Where is this?

I'm running Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit, Dreamweaver CS6, version 12.0, Build 5861.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 29, 2013 8:59 AM   in reply to jwpstreet

Where did you find 12.2, Build 6006?

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 21, 2013 10:32 AM   in reply to i_steve

I have the latest build mentioned, and still have the issue--which I consider a major major issue.  So I believe the developers either do not understand the problem or it's not solved yet.  Please solve it - it is a major pain, and did not exist in versions prior to CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 24, 2013 10:26 PM   in reply to dreamgirl1

Hi ,

Sorry for the inconvenience .

This has been fixed in the 12.2 update and you should not be seeing this issue in 12.2 and greater versions of DW

For folks in DW 12.1 and below versions : This issue has been technoted at http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshooting-synchronization- problems-dreamweaver-mac.html I would suggest you guys to try out the workaround mentioned in the link .

Let us know if it helps

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 8:04 AM   in reply to vharis

Where is the 12.2 update that has been referred to and what OS is it for? I have CS6 version 12.0 build 5861 using Windows 7 and when I check for updates it tells me I’m up to date. Thank you.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 25, 2013 9:28 AM   in reply to vharis

As mentioned i have the latest build, 12.2, build 6006 - and the issue still exists exactly as described. 

So the other technote doesn't help.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 3:58 PM   in reply to vharis

Still Broken in December 2013 with Dreamweaver CS6 Version 12.2 Build 6006 on Mac OS X Mavericks.  The workaround also does not work.  Whenever I try to upload a batch of files, I get the message that the synchronization information does not exist.  Whatever I answer to the dialog, I get the same result reported by everyone else:  the batch gets terminated, and the dialog says it was "canceled".  No indication as to why it was canceled in the dialog.

If I try the workaround, turning off synchronization for that server, closing Dreamweaver, confirming that dwsync.xml files are no longer in _notes, restarting Dreamweaver and turning synchronization back on, I get exactly the same error.

The only solution is to turn off AND LEAVE OFF the synchronization setting for that server in Site Management, on the Advanced tab, accepting the dire warning from Dreamweaver about how dangerous this is.

Considering that Adobe is now insisting on getting paid EVERY MONTH for this software, hopefully one of these months they will take the money they are collecting and actually fix the software.  This has been reported and has remained unfixed for over a year.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2013 5:01 PM   in reply to Jim Nachbar

Exactly.  Agreed.  Doesn't work.  Bottom line.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2014 6:18 AM   in reply to dreamgirl1

I have had constant problems with Dreamweaver Synchronization in both DWCS6 and DWCC. This is unacceptable and needs to be fixed. Causes a great deal of downtime. I don't believe we should have to use a separate FTP program. I do believe the Dreamweaver programers should be required to do their job.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points