Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Photoshop Elements Help | Getting started tutorials

Dec 17, 2012 1:26 PM

Branched to a new discussion.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 17, 2012 1:26 PM   in reply to Community Help

I just installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 11, I want to share photos, I selected a photo, clicked SHARE, setup contact as myself, arnold250@aol.com, but nothing happened?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 17, 2012 1:30 PM   in reply to arnold250

Do you mean photo mkail or attachments? I’ve found it usually works best with web mail via Adobe after obtaining verification. I know some email services block bulk email completely and I’ve only tested it with Gmail which works fine. Should also work with other web mail e.g. Yahoo and Hotmail. Before you start it will help to check your internet security settings. If they are set to High, reduce the settings to Medium temporarily. Then follow these instructions.

1. Log in to your mail provider on the web and add the following email to your address/contacts book.

apsmail@adobemailer.com

2. Open Organizer and on the menu click:

Edit >> Preferences >> Sharing

3. Choose Adobe Email Service from the client dropdown menu.
    4. Add your name and email address to the fields provided and click OK
    5. Test the system (first use only)  by selecting a photo in organizer and choosing Share >> Photo Mail then click Next (Mac users should use attachments)
    6. Choose a contact then click  Next
    7. Click Next Step, then click Next - the sender verification dialog will open.
    8. Check you have spelt your email address correctly and hit the Resend E-Mail button.
    9. Go to your inbox (also check spam) and when the Adobe mailer message is received copy (Ctrl+C) the long verification code.
    10. Return to the verification dialog and paste it (Ctrl+V) into the Sender verification field and click OK. Wait for validation confirmation then click OK to continue

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 10:19 AM   in reply to Community Help

I have Elements 10. Can I process RAW photos?

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Dec 19, 2012 10:22 AM   in reply to http://CaroleJohn.photosh

This community help thread is about email. Why not start a new topic?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 10:37 AM   in reply to http://CaroleJohn.photosh

I made a  new thread for you, CaroleJohn. In case you have trouble finding it, it's here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/4933912#4933912

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 11, 2013 10:33 PM   in reply to Community Help

I just installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 11. How do I make my own greeting card, not using one of photoshop's greeting cards but starting from scratch and making my own?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 12:00 PM   in reply to Community Help

I just upgraded from Elements 10 to 11. I don't see where I can sign into elements 11, and I wonder if my photos will be automatically uploaded to my online backup page at photoshop.com. If this is no longer automatic, how do I best set it up?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 12:04 PM   in reply to vtprouty

No, there is no more direct connection between PSE and photoshop.com. You will need to use a web browser to connect to your photoshop.com page.

Adobe is pushing their new Revel subscriptions service in PSE 11. Some people here have said that there should be some kind of offer for photoshop.com users in the near future, but I personally know nothing at all about that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 3:47 PM   in reply to Barbara B.

Is there a way to upload right from the organizer? Or do I need to copy to

another location?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:51 PM   in reply to vtprouty

No, there is no way to communicate with photoshop.com directly from organizer. You can't use it to do automatic backup/sync PSE 11. It's time to start exploring other options.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:24 PM   in reply to vtprouty

You can login to your photoshop  account and then upload the files manually as shown in this picture:

2013-01-19_0320.gif

Hope this helps.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:53 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

Yes, that's quite true, as I said in my first post in this thread, but I wouldn't bet much on the long term future for photoshop.com now. I still say it's time to start looking for alternatives.

|
    Mark as:
    May 31, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to Tmilkey

I have installed Elements 11 and have the same problem you had.

How do you make a greeting card, using your own photos?

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:14 AM   in reply to Community Help

I AM FURIOUS THAT THERE IS NO SIMPLE HELP INDEX IN THE "HELP" COLUMN IN pse 7. I HATE BEING DIRECTED TO ALL THESE IDIOTIC CONVERSATIONS AND ATTEMPTS TO SELL ME MORE PRODUCTS WHEN ALL i WANT TO DO IS LOOK UP WHAT SYMBOL I NEED FOR THE BURN TOOL.  IT MAKES ME WANT TO THROW MY COMPUTER OUT THE WINDOW AND MAKES THE WHOLE PROCESS LESS. FUN.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE EASY " HELP INDEX"?  I DON'T WANT A TUTORIAL EITHER, JUST A SIMPLE ANSWER.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to pamela d kliment

If you start a new thread and ask a direct question without all the fluff, you will get the simple answer you need.  People here are generally very polite, unlike the people in General Comments forum or DW forum.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:50 AM   in reply to pamela d kliment

Hello, pamela. Find the sponge tool icon (the sponge) and either right-click or click hold it and you will see the little curved hand for the burn tool. Nobody here wants to sell you anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:52 AM   in reply to Barbara B.

Also, you will find a link to a pdf for the help files here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/992825?tstart=0

If you download that, you can search for any word you like--no need for an index.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 2:40 PM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

I am sorry if I sounded rude, but doesn't seem to be a little crazy to have to go to the adobe site, then start a question thread (and then wait) to get an answer  from people who are just trying to enjoy their conversations.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to arnold250

How do I email photos from my Adobe Photoshop 11? Can't find and "email" button from a specific catalog.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 6:16 PM   in reply to O\'Bern

O\'Bern wrote:

How do I email photos from my Adobe Photoshop 11? Can't find and "email" button from a specific catalog.

It is, unfortunately, hidden from the view.  You get it by clicking on the share tab.  See this picture:

http://content.screencast.com/users/JT19560819/folders/Jing/media/198ba099-af69-4bbf-bd33-095468b15e04/2013-07-07_0212.png

Before you try sending anything by e-mail, please ensure that you have setup a default e-mail client on your machine with all the details entered.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 20, 2013 3:24 PM   in reply to Tmilkey

Im wondering this as well, did you find out how? Thanks!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points