Skip navigation
gretailia
Currently Being Moderated

File manager window remains focused in DW CS6

Dec 18, 2012 9:14 AM

Tags: #file #manager #foes

If I open the file manager window to display my hard drive and the server files, then click on a file in the hard drive display to edit it, it opens behind the file manager window and I cannot view it properly without moving the file manager window, or closing the file manager window. It used to be that when you click on a file like this it would take precedence. I am on a Mac if that makes a difference. Do not have this problem with previous versions of DW.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 5:48 PM   in reply to gretailia

Try maximizing the Files window. I was able to replicate your issue with Dreamweaver CS6 version 12.1 Build 5966, on a Mac OSX Lion 10.8.2, and resolved it by maximizing that window.

If you think Adobe should fix it, you could file a bug report: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 6:26 PM   in reply to gretailia

Can you upload a screenshot (command shift 3) of that particular issue?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 8:19 PM   in reply to gretailia

Yeah, the whole Dreamweaver application seems to be quite disjointed. ;-)

That gray box in the background is Dreamweaver. The "bolton.asp" page is in it's own window, and so is "Files", or file manager. If you select and drag "bolton.asp"into the Dreamweaver gray box, until it fades out some and you see blue lines surrounding that area, and let go, the page then becomes a tab within the Dreamweraver interface.

If you also maximize the Files window, then Dreamweaver should begin to behave a little more predictably. Once you get your workspace just like you want, you can click the workspace dropdown > New Workspace..., and then save it as a new name. After that if things get out of whack you can reset your workspace.

Does that solve the problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 8:26 PM   in reply to Web Magi

I forgot to mention that on the Mac, Dreamweaver itself seems to behave better if it is also maximized. Maybe others with larger displays will have different thoughts on that, but on my 22 inch, Dreamweaver at full screen performs flawlessly.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to gretailia

Do you mean 7' (7 foot)? Wow, that is gargantuan! My whole desk is only 6 foot, and I've got two 22" monitors sitting on it, one for Windows 7, and one for the Mac. Sorry I'm rambling.

I just did a quick test, and you may not need to have Dreamweaver itself maximized as long as everything else is.

1. Pages maximized inside the DW interface, which become tabs.
    2. The Files window maximized when you click the button "Expand to show local and remote sites".

Everything seems to work fine like that.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 20, 2014 7:18 AM   in reply to gretailia

READ THIS, IT WORKS. I think it's a bug, because it stopped it's persistence when I merely toggled "Window/Application Frame" off, then on again. Now it works normally. I will report it, but man that was a relief. This is the Mac version.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points