• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Illustrator CS6 has stopped working on Windows 7

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a few posts about this and I stall haven't seen it stop or a fix that works.

I use Illustrator any length of time (up and running just a few minutes till up for weeks on end) and as soon as I quit (either by File -> Exit, the X in the corner or Alt -> F4) it closes panels and after a bit pops up that "Adobe Illustrator CS6 has stoppped working.  Microsoft is looking for a solution to this problem."

It saves the recently opened files.  All settings seem to save as I don't need to reset them.  But of course its worrisome.

Note:

1. Everything has been unisnstalled and reinstalled 3 times.
  2. All permissions have always looked okay.
  3. I have tried running it as Administrator and still have had it happen
  4. Illustrator has been the only program of all the ones installed to have this issue.

Are  there any fixes I've missed?  I'm a cloud client so have expected a patch for a while now to come out fixing this, as I've updated Illustrator a few times since starting using CS6.

In looking in logs the constistent error has been:

Faulting application name: Illustrator.exe, version: 16.2.0.723, time stamp: 0x50bb3ee0

Faulting module name: QtCore4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ffd8608

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x000000005b8bb260

Faulting process id: 0x2300

Faulting application start time: 0x01cddd4fcd1f94e0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

Faulting module path: QtCore4.dll

Report Id: 1dbace71-4943-11e2-ac54-d4bed9d5ae3c

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

I was having this exact same issue. I uninstalled FontExplorerX Pro and the issue was corrected. I believe the Illustrator plug-in that installs with FontExplorer is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't take offense but it sounds like you are selectivel trying the fixes you like rather than starting at the beginning.

First try this crete a new user account and launch Illustrattor tell us what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exact same situation. (Attempted with a reboot also).

Event log shows same error (different time and report id of course).

Edit: Of note both accounts where set to Administrator.  I have not attempted to confirm the permissions or run as Administrator with new account yet. But did try a reboot in case it was something left in memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 24, 2012 Dec 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any other suggestions of other things to look at/try?

Edit: as a note, both Illustrator CS6 64bit and 32bit do this.

And both have same error:

Faulting application name: Illustrator.exe, version: 16.2.0.723, time stamp: 0x50bb3ee0

Faulting module name: QtCore4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ffd8608

Fault offset: 0x0000000077e4b260

Faulting process id: 0xbc0

Faulting application start time: 0x01cddf99e30b81dd

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6 (64 Bit)\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

Report Id: a65a3986-4dec-11e2-ac37-d4bed9d5ae3c

Faulting application name: Illustrator.exe, version: 16.2.0.723, time stamp: 0x50bb3c14

Faulting module name: QtCore4.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4ffa7c8c

Fault offset: 0x77628ab0

Faulting process id: 0x27fc

Faulting application start time: 0x01cde1fc710ff859

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator CS6\Support Files\Contents\Windows\Illustrator.exe

Report Id: f127cdfa-4def-11e2-ac37-d4bed9d5ae3c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it matters the system is running:

i5 CPU

8 GB ram

Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

And I do have a Font Manager, but this was happening before it was installed (yes I was able to survive a week and a half of manually dealing with fonts while determining which one to go with... FontExplorer X Pro from Linotype)

Any other info you'd like to help diagnosis it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2013 Mar 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this exact same issue. I uninstalled FontExplorerX Pro and the issue was corrected. I believe the Illustrator plug-in that installs with FontExplorer is buggy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 22, 2013 Mar 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

genepooldesign, you are awesome!  I was struggling to find the solution to this problem for a while and it never occured to me that Font Explorer was causing the problem.  Incidently, just uninstalling the Illustrator plugin seems to fix the problem.  Didn't need to uninstall the whole app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a reply to a bug report about this to them.

Dear Sir,

we are currently working on new plug-ins - these should be ready with the next update.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jens Konrad

Customer Support FontExplorerX.com

Monotype

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm amazed you got a response from them.  I think FontExplorer Pro is a great product but their support leaves much to be desired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2013 Oct 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

anyone know if this has been corrected?  I just installed CS6 and I cannot even open an AI file in Illustrator and it stops working.  I don't even have FontExplorer on my computer, unless it is located somewhere other than on my C: drive...I have searched my program folders for anything similar, but it does not locate anything.

Where would I look to find FontExplorer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you get any resolution?  I dont have FontExplorer either and my Illustrator keeps crashing.  My 64bit crashes when I try to save, my 32bit crashes when I try to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines