I was trying to capture RTMP stream in C# application and play it.
I've chosen the following architecture:
1. Embed Flash Player into C# app. (done)
2. Run Strobe Media Playback in embedded Flash Player. (done)
3. Capture RTMP stream in embedded Strobe Media Playback player. (failed)
The problem is that I cannot set the video source location. Neither RTMP nor HTTP sources work.
Strobe Media Playback displays the only text string: "We are unable to connect to the content you've requested. We apologize for the inconvenience."
I have tried several ways to set the source:
1. Through setting FlashVars:
flash.FlashVars = @"src=http://players.edgesuite.net/videos/big_buck_bunny/bbb_448x252.mp4";
flash.FlashVars = @"FlashVars=""src=http://players.edgesuite.net/videos/big_buck_bunny/bbb_448x252.mp4""";
2. Through creating XML-config and passing info about it to Strobe by means of FlashVars:
flash.FlashVars = @"configuration=D:\configuration.xml";
Also I'm unable to play locally hosted .flv-files any of this ways.
Is it theoretically possible, what I'm trying to do?
If it is, how can I set the video source for Strobe Playback from C# code?
Additional technical info:
For embedding Flash Player into C# app I use two libraries:
Flash version: 11.5.502.135
Strobe Media Playback version: 1.6.328
Sample C# project can be found here:
P.S. If you know better ways to capture and play RTMP stream in .NET application, please share your knowledge.