Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Discussion Page option missing sometimes

Dec 18, 2012 Dec 18, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my usual haunts bookmarked to the discussion page.  Today I was showing someone how to get there, and I could not.  I could be blind, but can not see the option to get to discussion page on either Bridge or Camera Raw.  Below are screen shots.  One shows normal view the other the altenate screen for Bridge.  Never got the view with camera raw on how to get to discussion page.  Win 7 system, firefox browser.

br.PNGbr desk.JPG

cam raw.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get to the Discussions page for any given forum add ?view=discussions to the URL.

ex: http://forums.adobe.com/community/cameraraw?view=discussions

Let us know if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could do that but how is john Q public going to navigate there?  Had this happen on 2 different computers both with Win 7 and Firefox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curt Y wrote:

I could do that but how is john Q public going to navigate there?  Had this happen on 2 different computers both with Win 7 and Firefox.

they should click on any thread under Trending Questions and then at the top they will see something like this:

http://tinyurl.com/cqw85sk

That is the way I navigate to discussions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, one can do that but will the public get there by that non-intuitive route?

If one clicks on Adobe Community then scrolls down to Camera Raw, for instance, it brings up the page shown in opening post.  Seems like it is missing the section where one would click to take you to Discussion Page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curt,

A tab for, or an easily reachable route to, the Discussions page no longer exists in the forum layouts. If you send me an email explaining why it would be helpful to John Q Public to have easy access to the Discussions page, I'll forward it to the team that works on the user interface.

I'll PM you with my address.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2013 Jan 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be the team:

barney-homer-lenny-carl-e1049_sml.jpg

Adobe is doing whatever it can to drive users away from these forums, so they can shut them down, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2013 Jan 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The overall goal is to make the forums more effective. (And no, we are definitely not intending to shut them down; quite the opposite.)

If your goal coming into the forum is to read the most recent existing discussions, you could say that removing the tab along the top with the Discussions link has made the forums harder to use.

However, in most cases, people are coming to the forum with the goal of finding an answer or solution.

For this, we try to feature answers to common questions near the top of the forum, with the recent discussions below that. (There's no sense in asking a question and waiting for an answer when the answer is immediately available to you.)

If users with this goal want to see a page of only discussions, presumably because they are trying to visually scan for a relevant thread, the intuitive way is to click the "More" link at the bottom of the Trending Questions pod.

Clipboard02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey Burgess wrote:

However, in most cases, people are coming to the forum with the goal of finding an answer or solution.

I would think that the number of people coming to answer questions is (much) greater than the number of people asking them. At least, in the forums I frequent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Claudio,

That is my experience, as well, but might be limited to specific forums?

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carey,

If you aim to make the forum more effective it needs to be simplified so a first time user can decide what he wants.

There are numberous posts where the "Start Discussion" is not seen by user, and there are no instructions on how to ask a question.  I have been around awhile and even I did not think to scroll down the to bottom of the page to click More to get to Discussion Page!

Right now there is a bewildering array to forums (several years ago it was over 130).  If Adove elimintaes the discussion link how will one get to the correct spot?  Right now Prremier Pro has 7 different choices as an example.

Please let the people on this forum contribute to the redesign.  We put a lot of time and effort into answering questions about Adobe products and many are very passionate about the effort.  To put it mildly we are really tired of changes that make our job harder, especially if they are made without our input, in the dark of the night.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 22, 2013 Jan 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Curt,

We're sorry for the frustration, but appreciate your feedback! We're gathering feedback like this to pass on to our team that works on the user interface. Let us know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another thread I've suggested the following:

Dump the Trending Threads Permanently.

Create an Archive server that is not tied to the Forums Server.

Dump all Topics that have not shown any signs of life for two weeks.

If you have any slow defective Servers they should be taken out replaced and the old destroyed. If it’s the entire server Farm contract with better server farm company.

Finally connections to Internet should using the fastes tecnology in existence. Fiber Optic or what ever.

I use Comcast Blast Internet service it’s the fastest consumer Cable Internet they have, short of Buiness class.

with the trending feature it too as long a 1-1.5 minutes to load a Thread.  with the Trending junk removed cut the download time by 75%. Still takes to long. with a speed of 35 MB on off peak times and 16 MB at peak use time. a thread should download atmost as soon as its clicked, no excuses.  Although I'm sure some will appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillip, I very much doubt that duplicating your messages will be a great help for the cause.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unlike me, most people pick and choose whathey want to read. I read everything. I am just covering bases. In case they don't read in one thread I am making sure they see it in another.  I won't be repeated.

I figure my opinion don't count for a Grain of salt any way. But opinions were asked for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines