Skip navigation
victorpac
Currently Being Moderated

Hyperlinks all take me to the same page

Dec 19, 2012 7:26 AM

Tags: #text #hyperlinks #contents

I have InDesign CS6, Windows 7. I am trying to edit a document so that I  can create hyperlinks from the contents page to the relevant pages. I am choosing hyperlinks, linking to page number. But all links lead me to the same (first) page of text. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 8:30 AM   in reply to victorpac

You can apply hyperlinks to selected text. You can apply hyperlinks to a frame. The frame itself can have a combination of each, which the frame hyperlink will overide all other links. Does the frame on your contents page have an inadvertent hyperlink (to first page) applied?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 9:14 AM   in reply to victorpac

You can try exporting to IDML, then open new file and see if this cleans out any corruption. What is the intended exported file: PDF or SWF?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 1:15 PM   in reply to victorpac

Are the hyperlink sources and destinations working correctly in Indesign? You can check this out by opening the Hyperlinks panel, select a link, select from flyout "go to destination", then "go to source". If they work correctly with that test and don't work in the PDF, then it could be your exporting settings. Are you exporting PDF (Interactive)?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points