Skip navigation
prisampath
Currently Being Moderated

Exporting file for best web quality?

Dec 19, 2012 11:54 AM

Tags: #image #jpeg #pdf #website #export #indesign

Hey guys,

I was working on a magazine spread and I tried exporting it for web as a jpeg, but the text loses its quality...so I re-exported it as a pdf and the image loses its quality despite chosing maximum res...I want my text and my image to stay high res when i upload it on my website..how can I do that?

PS: Jpeg version opens fine on my computer and gets blurry when i upload it to the website.

Thanks in advance!

Pri

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 19, 2012 2:10 PM   in reply to prisampath

Maybe you should give us some more information on waht you are really doing. Any rasterized text is going to lose it's sharpness at a resolution suitable for your website.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 2:49 PM   in reply to prisampath

Web designe is a bit outside my area, but I think your expectations for text in a web image are a bit unrealistic.  You really can't put three columns of text into what looks like about 200 pixels of width and expect to read it in a browser.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 19, 2012 5:28 PM   in reply to prisampath

You ALWAYS lose quality in rasterized text. Compare the quality of the text inside the picture frame  on the page to the "Check Work" text above. That text is very large compared to anything on the gallery pages you are showing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 20, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to prisampath

For the benfit of other users who will see this thread in the future looking for an answer you should post what you did to solve your problem.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points