• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 download questions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2012 Dec 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - i have signed up to CCloud, and am downloading the first program, premiere pro cs6

I am on windows 7 home

Q1 - Can I stop and start the download, or does it all have to happen in one go? ( i have to go out and cant leave the pc on unattended), and I have VERY slow bband in this suburb.

Q2 - When downloading the adobe application manager - the windows 7 alert popped up, asking me to confirm I wanted to go ahead and install - I missed this and didnt see it in time, then the download timed out with an error saying it couldn't install because administrator priviledges were needed (i already use an admin account)

If Premiere pro takes ages to download (i have slow bband in this suburb 1500kps max), and I'm not here to click the user account confirmation in win 7 - will Prem Pro also time out, and I lose the whole download and have to start again?  I can't possibly wait by the pc all day (and night) to see when it might finally arrive.

Is there a way around this, or will prem pro be sensible enough and wait for me to choose to install it when I'm ready.

thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi can anyone help, is there a formal Creative Cloud tech support website or similar where I can get an answer to the above queries? 

Doesn't seem like anyone here can help with almost 90 views and no responses.  I've searched on Creative Cloud, but can't find a support contact, although the Adobe sales guy on the phone this morning said there was full support offered.

Could anyone please tell me where to find the tech support?  Do I have to phone, or is it web based?  Is it US time? (I'm in Aus)

I'm running out of time waiting for this download to come through.

many thanks in advance,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, if anyone is interested or suffering a similar fate, here is an update.

I am currently getting NOWHERE with the online LIVEPERSON chat facility, no answers, just stock responses.  The download eventually finished and it automatically installed itself, but Premiere will not launch and Encore wont get past the main menu screen, just goes round in circles whenever I try to create a new file.  I'm horrified at the prospect I may have to RE-DOWNLOAD the entire Premiere Pro program, only to find it has the same errors.

Does anyone know where the downloaded files are stored, so I can avoid thepain of the rfe-download?  Or can I download a trial version without the download manager, and insert my serial?

Yes - it turns out the online chat person who put me though to someone else, can not help me...  this isnt looking very professional Adobe. Grrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok - on hold on the phone to the helpline for 20 minutes then the phone system booted me!

This is really starting to bug, as i am back at work tomorrow and wont have the time for this! 

Can anyone help with how to get through to a Tech who can help.  Premiere won't launch, I'd try to reinstall, but where are the downloaded install files that the adobe download manager downloaded?

Any ideas?  Anyone? Help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apel1 for your first question you can only cancel the download within the Adobe Application Manager.  It is not currently possible to pause the download.

As to what lead to your installation failures I would recommend reviewing your install logs to find the answer.  You can find information on how to locate and interpret the log files at Troubleshoot with install logs | CS5, CS5.5, CS6 - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-install-logs-cs5-cs5.html?

Finally what country/region are you in?  There are some open reports that Spanish and Portugese customers may have had difficulty reaching our support team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for an answer - it would be most useful to be able to stop and start downloads, for those of us suffering with ridiculous broadband... at peak hours, its almost dialup.

I am in Australia, and so far, nothing from Adobe support.  However, I did find a workaround if not a solution and I want to share it as it was so simple and could save someone else hours of messing around.

To get Premiere Pro to launch completely, I simply created a new Admin level user account in Win 7.  I launched Premiere Pro from within this new account, and it worked first time!  The previous account, also an Admin (and only a day older, as its a new install) - was somehow stopping Premiere from launching.  Never got to the bottom of why, but as it works, I am grateful!

Incidentally, I am downloading all Creative Cloud, updates and doing all installs, withthe previous account, and just using theother account to launch the software, and its working great, eventually I'll ditch the first account.

Hope someone else finds this useful.

Thanks again

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines