Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Failed Update from CS6 13.0 to 13.0.3

Dec 20, 2012 3:18 PM

Hello, I downloaded the 13.0.3 update through Adobe application manager and things go well until a few seconds are left to the update and I get update not applied with an error code of U44M2P7. I went to the Adobe site and downloaded the update and tried  a manual install with the same exact results. I did an online Chat and they want me to un-install CS6 and use a creative suites cleaner tool and trash the Adobe application manager and then re-install CS6 13.0.3 and download a new application manager. I am very reluctant to go through all this grief and thought I would get some opinions first.

I am runing OS 10.7.5. I have done nothing major to my Mac Pro Desktop. I have upgraded CS6 and bridge before through Adobe application manager with no issues. I have CS6 and Lightroom 4 installed on my computer and nothing else. If I have to go this route, is the creative suite cleaner tool worth using?  Also I have never downloaded any beta versions of Photoshop or Lightroom.

John

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 31, 2012 9:06 AM   in reply to jmbriet

I cannot get CS6 to install update from 13.0 on my Macmini Server (10.8.2)- error U44M2P7.  Didn't do it in 10.7.5 either.  Running the Check for Update in CS6 on the Macmini says I am running most current software (i.e., 13.0 64-bit)

Tried downloading 13.0.3 from Adobe directly, that went almost to completion, but then again gave error U44M2P7.  Had talked to Adobe rep when 130.1. popped up on my MBP but not on Macmini- he told me "well, if you're told nothing new, there is nothing new".  Baloney, but no point in arguing with someone who know even less than you.

Now I see there is a 13.0.3, which is downloaded and running fine on my MBP (10.7.5).  Why is this all so painful?  I NEVER have issues with other vendors' install, just Adobe and the flaky Download Manager interface.

If this doesn't get resolved, this is the last Photoshop upgrade I buy.  There are alternatives for what I now use it for.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 31, 2012 9:11 AM   in reply to SW Rick

Have you manually changed anything in the Photoshop application installation area?

In any case, given all the current activation problems with 13.0.3, maybe you might want to wait until 13.0.4 anyway.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 9:18 AM   in reply to Noel Carboni

Not sure what you mean by "manually changed anything in the Photoshop application installation area".

I have tried using the Update via the Help menu dropdown; that tells me 13.0 is the most current version (which we know it is not).  When I followed the link in the thread to the manual downlaod page and  clicked the Download box, I get the auto download (Photoshop_CS6_13_0_3_upd.dmg), which I then launch and let run to completion, just as per the usual process.

Thanks,

Rick

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,455 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 31, 2012 5:23 PM   in reply to jmbriet

I'm not an installer expert, but I do know that if you do things like remove or rename files installed with Photoshop the updater may fail to find all it needs.

There are seriously enough problems with the latest updates that waiting might be prudent, but if the current update doesn't install then it's possible the next one won't either, at which point you may end up having to uninstall and reinstall. 

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 12:32 PM   in reply to jmbriet

I started this journey with CS6 Design & Web Premium with anticipation of the great new design of the apps.  They still work very well, but on my Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8.2) MacBook Pro updating to Photoshop 13.0.3 (and .2) and Illustrator have been very frustrating.  I've spent WAY too much time trying to figure out what MY problem is - everything up to and including a clean install of the operating system and uninstall and reinstall of CS6.  I thought I may have found the elusive problem in that I had deleted all the Localizations (languages) except English when I was trying to make room on a recent SSD - which you may know are expensive for any good sized one; I thought a 120 GB would be okay for boot, it wasn't.  The last try at reinstall of CS6 showed errors related to languages: "

Exit Code: 6

Please see specific errors and warnings below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: DF024, DW063 ... WARNING: DW029 ...

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 20 error(s), 2 warning(s)

----------- Payload: {CC006FD6-00EF-46FC-ACA0-7A28EFF44D20} Adobe Media Encoder CS6 6.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe Media Encoder CS6/Adobe Media Encoder CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/AdobeCrashRe porter" (Seq 309)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 309)

----------- Payload: {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DW029: Custom Action for payload {AC76BA86-1033-F400-7760-000000000005} Acrobat Professional 10.0.0.0 wants to skip this payload. Skipping this payload.

----------- Payload: {E1C48031-9366-427F-AC04-535CEDAAD995} Acrobat X Pro  10.0.0.0 -----------

WARNING: DW029: Custom Action for payload {E1C48031-9366-427F-AC04-535CEDAAD995} Acrobat X Pro  10.0.0.0 wants to skip this payload. Skipping this payload.

----------- Payload: {8ACD4814-788B-11E1-AC70-A860A781E0D9} Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 12.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6/Adobe Dreamweaver CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/AdobeCrashRe porter" (Seq 84)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 84)

----------- Payload: {AAF0D225-F129-40F2-916E-12E28DBD19ED} Adobe Illustrator CS6 Core 16.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CS6/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/Adob eCrashReporter" (Seq 1649)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 1649)

----------- Payload: {9124DF4E-617D-486B-A970-8FA632244F24} Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core 13.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe Photoshop CS6/Adobe Photoshop CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/AdobeCrashRe porter" (Seq 94)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 94)

----------- Payload: {327492D4-78EB-11E1-8ABE-84C55623D190} Adobe InDesign CS6 Application Base Files 8.0.0.0 -----------

ERROR: DF024: Unable to preserve original file at "/Applications/Adobe InDesign CS6/Adobe InDesign CS6.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeCrashReporter.framework/AdobeCrashRe porter" (Seq 581)

ERROR: DW063: Command ARKDeleteFileCommand failed.(Seq 581)

ERROR: DW050: The following payload errors were found during install:

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 English Language Pack_AdobePhotoshop13-en_US: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe InDesign CS6 Application Base Files: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe InDesign CS6 Common Language Files_AdobeInDesign8CommonLang-en_US: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Illustrator CS6 Core_AdobeIllustrator16en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6_AdobeDreamweaver12en_USLanguagePack: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Dreamweaver CS6: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Photoshop CS6 Core: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Illustrator CS6 Core: Failed due to Language Pack installation failure

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe Media Encoder CS6: Install failed

ERROR: DW050:  - Adobe InDesign CS6 Application Language Files_AdobeInDesign8AppLang-en_US: Install failed

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------"

That's when I thought the Localizations may have something to do with the reinstall problems - the reinstall has problems with Photoshop and Illustrator and others as shown above.  But I've reinstalled a fresh OS so that should be the problem.  My Mac Pro with Lion 10.7.5 has no problem CS6 apps (i.e. Photoshop is at 13.0.3).  That might lead one to say the problem is an OS one.  But I've mucked around with the MBPro so much I have no idea what's what anymore.  I'm going to leave things alone and as long as the apps run and do what I need them to do I'm done with trying to fix this.  I have things to do that are more important than obsessing over these update issues.  As SW Rick stated, I'm about to the point where this will be my last Adobe CS upgrade.

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 1:33 PM   in reply to golf25radioman

Spent 2.5 hours on the phone with several Adobe support people yesterday, did all kinds of checks, remote access, root user, etc.  Still kept getting same error.  They said they were further escalating the case, whatever that means.

It was suggested I should uninstall ALL Adobe applications of any kind and then reinstall.  I asked if plugins and presets, Actions, etc. would still be there, they said no, would need to re-do everything.  I said that was unacceptable, that I'd live with 13.0.0 as long as it functioned, and was already starting to use several much cheaper alternatives from the App Store, which seem to perform the functions for which I still use Photoshop.  These days, I find less and less need for it.  And I now have another incentive to move away from Adobe products.

I"ll say again, the convoluted install procedures Adobe has chosen are a major part of the problem.  I have never run into these kinds of problems with other brands of software. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 12:38 PM   in reply to SW Rick

I took a drastic move yesterday.  I physically deleted (moved to Trash) all my Adobe CS6 applications, and a little app I have finds ancillary files connected to them - also Trash.  Did the Cleaner Tool, to make sure.  Reinstalled the CS6 Design & Web Premium.  Ran AAM, updated everything.  All seems to be current (i.e. Photoshop 13.0.3, etc.) and the AAM is showing all my installed CS6 apps.  When the Cloud first came out I got Muse, along with it came a AAM that was showing "Install" on many apps not in the CS6 install...I guess they were trials.  My guess is some of those mucked up things.  All went into the Trash so I could start with a clean slate.  Not sure if my Windows friends could do this, or Macs without the app that also trashes ancillary files.  I wish everyone has the luck to start from scratch as I did with a fresh install of CS6 and nothing else.  It may be why my Mac Pro was updating properly as I had not installed these trial apps "from the cloud."

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 4, 2013 9:54 AM   in reply to golf25radioman

Heard from Adobe today, and we got Photoshop CS6 updated to 13.0.3.

Uninstalled PS CS6, then downloaded entire CS6 from the trial page, installed it (13.0), checked for updates via Help dropdown, saw the updates for Bridge, CR and PS, downloaded them, and it was successful.  Plugins, etc still there.

So far, so good.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 6, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to SW Rick

After my uninstall/reinstall I've not added Muse (which was my only Creative Cloud App).  I can't say whether or not it was that or the other apps that AAM had offered to download and install (from the Cloud as trials I presume).  But CS6 is working & updating fine now and I'll try and tackle the other later.  As SW Rick said, "So far, so good."

Tom

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 17, 2013 2:39 PM   in reply to golf25radioman

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers