Skip navigation
FerrociousFtageFilms
Currently Being Moderated

CS4 Encore and Photoshop problem

Dec 20, 2012 11:03 PM

Hello.  I was using CS4 Encore and opening a pre-packaged menu (Lakeside) and used the right-click "edit in Photoshop" option.  I've used it before without trouble, but it's been a while.  I'm seeing several oddities now and don't know what's going on. 

1) Right-clicking in Encore and choosing "edit in Photoshop" opens Photoshop but not the actual file.  It just goes to a blank screen in Photoshop.

2) If I open the file manually and make changes, they don't save.  As in, literally, the file doesn't save.  I can choose save and it doesn't return an error, but every time I choose "close" or "exit" I get the prompt to save again, and after saving if I force quit or something then the file does not exist in my target drive or update in Encore.

I tried re-associating .psd files with Photoshop but it didn't work (they also appeared to be already associated).  I haven't made any changes lately that I'm aware of. 

Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2012 6:24 AM   in reply to FerrociousFtageFilms

Can you create and save an image in Photoshop. Can you open and save any ol' psd in photoshop?

(Hope those are yeses!)

Open a regular Encore template. Edit in photoshop. Do you see the image? Can you save a change?

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 8:00 PM   in reply to FerrociousFtageFilms

As long as the gremlins have left, that's good news!

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 8:48 AM   in reply to FerrociousFtageFilms

Well, I like "gremlins."

Only thing that I can think of, would be if the Library Menu PSD was Read Only, but that should have yielded an error message to that effect.

Also, the first thing that one normally sees is the warning about PAR (Pixel Aspect Ratio), as all Menus, not designed for BD (Blu-ray Disc) will have a PAR for non-square pixels. A full HD Menu will have a PAR = 1.0 (Square Pixels). That warning is just a reminder about the display, which will be Square Pixels, even though the PAR is not 1.0.

One oddity, that I have encountered, but on a very limited and random basis, is where the Save from PS does not always update back through the link to Encore. Seems to happen about 1:10 +/- basis. Because I am often working on multiple Menus in a session, I just make sure that I do a Save at least 3x, during the editing process. Why 3x seems to be the magic number is unknown, but then, it always works for me (a few others have found similar issues with Save not updating, but not many). I just do my editing, hit Save (or Ctrl-S), then close up my Layer Sets, and hit Save, or Ctrl+S again, study my work, and do one last Save, or Ctrl+S. That has always worked perfectly, and the Menu does always update in Encore.

Yeah, probably gremlins...

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 22, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Be careful to keep water away from those Gremlins http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087363/ (OK... way OT, but still, watch out for Gremlins)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points