Skip navigation
Micboule
Currently Being Moderated

Could not initialize photoshop because of a problem using the adobe color engine (Win 7)

Dec 21, 2012 4:20 AM

Tags: #color #crash #multiple #engine #monitors #initialize #elements_11

Hi !

I installed successfully Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 with Premiere Elements 11.

I can start Adobe Photoshop Organizer but if I start Photoshop Elements 11, I get two message...

http://mfinab.dyndns.org:8000/20121221-361-7kb.png

Profile monitor seems to be corrupt, please re-calibrate with software the monitor.

http://mfinab.dyndns.org:8000/20121221-d1q-6kb.png

Ok, it says:

Could not initialize photoshop because of a problem using the adobe color engine (Win 7)

I've made some search over Google and it seems that people with multiples monitor have this problem. I also use Lightroom 4 and it works very good.

Anyone can help please?

Michel,

Québec, Canada

My specs:

WIN7 x64

Processor i7-3820 @ 3.6ghz

32GB RAM

Motherboard: Asus P9X79 Pro

Ati HD7850 video card  (Catalyst 12.10)

2 x HD6450 video cards

7 monitors

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2012 5:04 AM   in reply to Micboule

see this similar post for PS

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3379379

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 7:48 AM   in reply to Micboule

I personally use multiple monitors, so it is not simply an issue of how many monitors you use.

What are you using to calibrate your screen? Do you have the latest version of the software installed? Have you calibrated your monitor recently? Have you tried simply disabling you calibration software to see if this helps? What about setting your monitor profile to a system default (like sRGB or Adobe RGB)?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 21, 2012 8:49 AM   in reply to Micboule

It seems you have a profile, whether it was one you created or not. Check your display settings to determine what you are using and to change it to a different one. Here's a good place to get started with adjusting Windows 7 color management: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-color-management-se ttings

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to Micboule

I don't have a way of testing five monitors at once, I'll have to have our engineers look into that. How many video cards are you using to have a five monitor setup? Are you opening PSE on the primary monitor? Are all five monitors calibrated separately? What color management hardware/software are you using for your calibration?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 11:58 AM   in reply to Micboule

I'm afraid that doesn't answer my questions.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to Micboule

We generally don't recommend using mulitple video cards unless they are identical cards and have been CrossFired/SLI'ed together. We could be encountering some driver conflicts with the way things are set up.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:02 PM   in reply to Micboule

Yes, and it seems these are also all folks encountering the issue due to using a high number of monitors.

As for the possiblity of a driver conflict, I wasn't talking about different cards using different drivers, I meant that the drivers may not support so many monitors with the same API's that Photoshop uses for color management, or something along those lines.

It looks like the first two results in the search you provided would be good ones to follow. In each Chris Cox is on the case and investigating.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 28, 2013 2:36 PM   in reply to Micboule

They fixed this in CS6 (version 12). You need to have cs6 to make this work. If you have all that hardware, not having creative cloud is a waste.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points