Skip navigation
Dangthe
Currently Being Moderated

Drag and drop not working in CS6?

Dec 21, 2012 5:44 AM

Hey guys, we recently updated to Fireworks CS6 (from CS5) @ work and while I do love the speed upgrade, there is one thing different that I cannot get past, I cannot drag and drop a document onto the Fireworks menu bar, I need to Open > File every time, its time consuming and frustrating... why would you drop this feature in CS6? :| Am I missing something?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2012 11:32 AM   in reply to Dangthe

Is this a Windows or a Mac problem? In either case, I wonder if it's a minor OS configuration issue, where you just need to specify the new application as an editor of certain file types (like PNGs).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2012 11:06 AM   in reply to Dangthe

Ah, so it does work in Fireworks CS6—just not on your setup at work. Again, is this a Mac or Windows OS?

After re-reading your initial post, I realized I'm not clear on what you mean by dragging and dropping a document "onto the Fireworks menu bar". I was initally picturing dragging a document onto the Fireworks application icon in the Mac OS dock (or the Windows equivalent to this, if there is one).

Are you actually talking about the command menu that appears across the top of the application interface? If so, I can't open a document using this method in either CS5 or CS6.

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 21, 2013 7:35 AM   in reply to Dangthe

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the same problem - Fireworks CS6 on Windows 7, can't drag and drop files to open.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points