Skip navigation
sailindon
Currently Being Moderated

lightroom 4 Update Problems

Dec 21, 2012 9:02 AM

Tags: #lightroom4

Hello,

Am not able to install any updates for lightroom 4 on my Windows 7 system. I originally installed the program from a CD, and now can't update the program. I chose the administrative privileges for the update. The error I receive is 'A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder'. The update file is Lightroom_4_LSII_win_4_3.exe.

I am using the folder that was made during the original installation. Thanks for your help. Don

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2012 9:21 AM   in reply to sailindon

What do you mean when you say, "I am using the folder that was made during the original installation."? All I did was run the ,exe file on the desktop. It created an Adobe folder on the desktop, and then installed the new version of Lightroom. No problems, it just worked. I didn't change any of the default paths in the installer dialogs. As a point of interest, on Windows computers when a new version is installed it deletes the old files and creates a new folder. From what you described, it sounds like maybe you've interfered with that normal installation process. Or, perhaps I misunderstood.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 4, 2013 2:17 AM   in reply to sailindon

I too have the same problem.  I've assumed my download has been corrupted in some way so have tried downloading many times again.

I now have 6 separate downloads (filename Lightroom_4_LS11_win_4_3.exe, size 808,970,536) but all of them fail with the same message: 'A problem occurred while extracting some files. Check available space on your computer and the write privileges on the destination folder'

I've tried downloading on a different computer and with Internet Explorer 8.0.  I've also tried downloading from FileHippo instead of the Adobe site.  In every case I've ended up with the same size file albeit one which won't install and which gives the same error message!

My system has Ligthroom 3.6 installed and I want to upgrade to 4.3.    

I thought the installer may have found some error on my system which caused the installer to choke so tried installing on another system which doesn't have Adobe software installed. I've also tried extracting to many different folders rather than the default desktop location. I've also run chkdsk on my system (thinking my hd may have had errors) and have disabled virus scanners before running the installer.  Also checked properties and made sure the block button is deactivated.

Each computer I've attempted to install to is running 64bit Win 7 with SP1.

Is there any location where I can download the component bits separately?  Can someone share their dropbox folder?

Thanks for any help...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points