Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver 6/PhoneGap Build Service Android Key Question

Dec 21, 2012 7:11 PM

Tags: #phonegap

I just recently upgraded to CS6 and am excited to use the mobile sutff. I have been a CFer for years and using Jquery for a long time and have been using JQM more and more. Now I want to evolve from a web developer into an app developer. I thought the cool integrations within DW6 would be a good way to start.

So I watched Greg Rewis' intro video to get a flavor of things. I set up my first app site. I then created a simple JQM page to test with. I then downloaded the Android SDK (which is what I am starting with, but plan on branching out to the other OS'). I created an AVD, created a keystore and all that. I then went through the process of attaching my keystore to my PhoneGap Build Service account. That all went well, although it did not ask me to make it the default and I am assuming that is because it is the only key at this point...just a note for copywriters.

I then went back to DW to go through the PhoneGap Build Service panel to create my first app to play with. Here si where I ran into an issue. The PhoneGap Build Service panel asks for a key under the Android section (which I expected), but when I clicked on the drop down where it said none, that is all that was there. The key I uploaded to my PhoneGap Build Service account was not listed. I even logged out and logged back in, shut down DW and reopened it and nothing I did caused it to display. Can someone please point me in the right direction? If I can get this last piece of the puzzle, I can begin cranking through some code.

Thanks in advance,

Clay

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 25, 2013 11:37 AM   in reply to Clay Hess

As long as you are signing into the same account in DW as you are on the PhoneGap Build website, any keystores you uploaded would be available inside of Dreamweaver.

Highly recommending posting on the PhoneGap Build community site, where you'll get better answers regarding the functionality of the PhoneGap Build website and keystores: http://community.phonegap.com/nitobi/products/nitobi_phonegap_build

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points