Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Windows 8 Tablet - Can't use tools

Dec 21, 2012 5:23 PM

This problem doesn't seem to be version specific - I've tried CS4 and CS6, and the problem acts the same.

I'm using a Samsung ATIV 700t, which has input through touch screen and Wacom digitizer pen.  Using any tool (ie: brush) on the stage with the pen results with the start position recorded and only detecting another position when the pen leaves the program area.  Brush and pencil toos will show a dot at the start point and create a straight line to the exit location.  When I use touchpad input things work as expected - I can draw without pressure sensitivity, provided I wait as to not trigger panning functionality.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 21, 2012 5:52 PM   in reply to HraxAttax

You have 2 major hurdles.

#1, does your Wacom tablet explicitly declare it supports Windows 8? This means completely. Not just pen down, pen up. This means pen down, up, pressure, etc.

#2, does Flash understand your drivers inputs on Win8.

Win7 has support for touch input. Have you tried this tablet with the limited touch interface support on Win7 to even verify if Flash supports it?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 22, 2012 7:17 AM   in reply to HraxAttax

I'm sure it will be much  better when they make an official driver. It's usually always one of those two reasons. I have many old wacoms I've lost over the years from no driver support.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 7:27 PM   in reply to HraxAttax

Thanks so much for this. I had the exact same problem on my Lenovo ThinkPad x220 tablet using Flash CS5. I rolled back to the Windows 7 (7.0.9-5) Wacom driver and it works again. Whew!

(Side note: Illustrator CS5 worked great with the lastest driver. It was just Flash that had this problem. Hmm.)

|
    Mark as:
    Feb 18, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to Anyasaur

Thanks everybody. I was having the same trouble with my new Samsung ATIV 700T as well. I've reported the bug to Wacom and linked this thread.

|
    Mark as:
    May 29, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to HraxAttax

Just a note for everyone, Wacom finally released driver version 7.1.1-12 for Tablet PCs. This has fixed the Flash Pro bug on my Samsung ATIV SmartPC Pro.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points