Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Lightroom 4.3:  Export Function Acting Up

Dec 22, 2012 5:23 PM

Tags: #export #4.3 #lr4.3

I'm having problems exporting a set of 86 raw files to JPG from LR 4.3.  It is really weird:  of the 86, 60 exported fine, the remaining 26 would not after multiple attempt and selecting overwrite (since LR 4.3 created empty JPG files).

Then I created another folder and launched a new export for my 26 remaining files.  It worked for 19 of them !!?

LR4 Error Message.JPG

It seems that LR 4.3 is messing up file privileges or not releasing file handles.  I re-launched export in a third folder and got down to 8 and then to 3 and then was able to export the remaining 3.

Wow!  That was a lot of work for something that should work by itself.  I also noticed that Windows would not let me delete the empty JPGs which I was able to do after closing LR4.3.  There is something fishy going on here.  It seems that the export may have been completed correctly from the beginning but that by not releasing the files, Windows could not load up the JPGs.

Is there something wrong with LR 4.3 or is there a work around?

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 29, 2012 9:08 AM   in reply to Sylvain C.

I haven't been able to reproduce this so far.  Are you getting that same error message each time, including the first?

Where are the files stored?  And the export location?

Do you, by any chance, have 'limit file size' checked?

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 30, 2012 2:05 AM   in reply to Sylvain C.

Bizarre!  If you can spot a pattern, we might be able to track it down.  Which version of Windows is that?

Limit File Size has been coming up with some similar errors recently, so I'd leave that out of the equation for the moment, if I were you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 3:37 AM   in reply to Sylvain C.

(digression: is this what the new Win 8 interface looks like? Now that they finally got it right with Vista and 7, they're sending us back to this - ?)

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 9:02 AM   in reply to Sylvain C.

sigh...they obviously fired their designers. This is back to xp

Still, as long as it works...

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 30, 2012 10:56 AM   in reply to Sylvain C.

Yep, that's the limit file size bug.  Don't use Limit File Size and you shouldn't get that error.  Just set the quality manually to something that gets you about the same size.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points