Skip navigation
antpowerWD
Currently Being Moderated

Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it?

Dec 23, 2012 9:39 AM

Tags: #fireworks

I have seen the Common Library on a youtube video for Fireworks CS6 which I have, but when I click on the library it is empty, how do I access it, do I need to import it, or should it be there on installation?

Ant

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2012 11:14 AM   in reply to antpowerWD

The Common Library should have been included as part of your Fireworks installation; no need to import it.

Have you tried clicking the Reload icon at the bottom of the panel?

In Fireworks CS6, the items within the Common Library are installed in the user library Application Support folder. This is a change from previous versions, where it was stored in the application's Configuration folder. On my system, Mac OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard), the file path is this: ~user/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fireworks CS6/Common Library. Check on your own system to see if you can locate this folder and its contents.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 10, 2013 9:16 PM   in reply to groove25

I have the same problem as AntPowerWD. The symbols are seen in the file you suggested but how do I load them in FW/ append them? Pressing the refresh button does not seem to work. The folders are empty.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 4:48 AM   in reply to Dueep Jyot Singh

The Common LIbrary is only available when a document (new or existing) is open in Fireworks.

HTH

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 11, 2013 9:02 PM   in reply to JimBabbage

I am using FireWorks CS6! Old or new FW docs- Common Library- no joy. All the folders stay closed and I have absolutely no  access to the buttons or anything else.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 5:32 AM   in reply to Dueep Jyot Singh

Is this a new problem? A new installation? Was the Common Library ever working correctly? The normal (albeit odd) behavior for the Common Library is that it remains empty until a document is opened in Fireworks. Mac? Windows?

You can try deleting the preferences file and see if that resolves the issue. This tends to help with many (but not all) inconsistent behaviors in Fireworks. Beyond that, I recommend uninstaling and reinstalling FW to see if that remedies the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 12, 2013 9:19 PM   in reply to JimBabbage

This particular software of mine came accompanied with bugs. Nothing in the common library. No media query property button. Wrote to the tech dept with a snapshot of the particular page and they do not know what to do. (They did not get back these past two months)  I am not very certain whether it has some other stuff missing too. Finding that out slowly and steadily. Reinstalled FW.  No joy. My tough luck!

Anyway, Thanks so much.

Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 05:32:28 -0700

To: dueepjs@hotmail.com

Subject: Re: Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it? Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it?

Re: Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it?

created by JimBabbage in Fireworks - View the full discussion

Is this a new problem? A new installation? Was the Common Library ever working correctly? The normal (albeit odd) behavior for the Common Library is that it remains empty until a document is opened in Fireworks. Mac? Windows?

You can try deleting the preferences file and see if that resolves the issue. This tends to help with many (but not all) inconsistent behaviors in Fireworks. Beyond that, I recommend uninstaling and reinstalling FW to see if that remedies the problem.

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed a screen image in your message please visit the thread in the forum to embed the image at http://forums.adobe.com/message/5499193#5499193

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Re: Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it?

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at Re: Common Library is Empty, do I need to download it?. In the Actions box on the right, click the Stop Email Notifications link.

Start a new discussion in Fireworks by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to http://forums.adobe.com/message/2936746#2936746.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points