Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Only import sound  - another problem the image flickering

Dec 24, 2012 4:29 AM

Tags: #missing #video #track #- #flicking

Hello

My problem is that when I import AVI files into Encore, it's only sound that comes with -
The video track is empty.

If I play the same movie with Media Player does is both play sound and picture.
What am I doing wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------

The first DVD I made, I could well do in Encore, but when I played it on my DVD player flickering image. - What should I change to fix this problem ?

I can see the "Quality settings" the source is 720x480 29,97 fps, but the AVI i'm importing is 720x576 25 fps ?

TEncore settings 2.jpg

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 24, 2012 5:10 AM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

Confirm that you are trying to export NTSC source as PAL. I don't think it is that simple.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 8:21 AM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

I don't think Encore is the right place to try and convert NTSC to PAL

Convert NTSC <--> PAL http://forums.adobe.com/thread/995779

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 2:03 PM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

The source in your screen shots is 720x480 which is an NTSC size

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 24, 2012 7:02 PM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

The image that shows the source as 720x480 shows the source "file" as "A Sequence." Is that image dynamic link? What happens if you "import as timeine" the file you show the properties of that are 720x576.

What are you Premiere sequence settings?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 10:18 AM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

Also, is that AVI a DV-AVI, using the DV/DVC CODEC, or something else? For the Export to AVI, you want the DV PAL setting, and then, as Stanley suggests, Import that DV-AVI as a Timeline, into Encore.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 25, 2012 12:23 PM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

If you really have an ANALOG camcorder, not a DIGITAL camcorder... it will not work with Firewire, since the analog signal must be converted to digital

I am confused, so please post the brand & model camera you have... and maybe a web link to the vendor page so people may determine if you really have an analog or a digital camcorder

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 8, 2013 3:12 AM   in reply to steenmikkelsen2

steenmikkelsen2 wrote:

Ok - I have imported from the camera to AVS Video editor via USB, then Adobe Promiere can't capture via USB, but need a FireWire connection, (1394)  mabye I shall buy a FireWire adapter sow I can capture direct to Premiere -

is there one of you who can recommend FireWire adapter (1394) that I use with Premiere and my analog camcorder?

Oh Dear - AVS uses a library called ffmpeg, which is largely based on reverse engineered commercial codecs and is not - ever - guaranteed to be DVD compliant in it's output.

What looks like has happened to me is that the encore project appears to be NTSC (720x480) and I suspect the flickering issues are caused by changing frame rates in that dodgy conversion utility.

Can you please confirm the following:

1 - Project settings in Encore

2 - Camera settings

3 - Settings used in AVS - including codec used?

Analogue to digital via FireWire capture can be done if you have a special box to do this.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points