Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS6: problems about menu

Dec 27, 2012 9:47 AM

Tags: #blu-ray #cs6

Hi to everybody,

I have made a Bluray project with Encore, which has a menu with animated buttons and a wallpaper clip with codec h264. In the preview the project has gone perfect! After the burning, instead, the wallpaper clip breaks for few second in correspondence to the cyclic point of animated buttons, when the hiding appears. Thereafter it goes on normally.

Can someone help me?

Thanks so much!

Michele

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2012 1:41 PM   in reply to prince25@libero.it

Michele,

This issue has been in the Adobe Encore software since they introduced Blu-ray with CS3. I've been working with them for a long time to get it fixed, but they have been unable to do so as of yet. The problem is caused by how the disc is programmed. The first part of the menu (before the loop point) is split into a different "playlist", and the pause occurs when the player jumps from one playlist to another. There is a great deal of re-programming that needs to be done on Adobe's part to correct this issue. It is not a simple line of code that needs tweaking. We are hopeful it will be addressed in CS7... but I've been saying that for every version since CS3. Maybe CS4... maybe CS5... maybe CS5.5... maybe CS6...

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 27, 2012 1:52 PM   in reply to Jon Geddes

Keep 'em at it Jon! Surely needs fixing.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 28, 2012 10:53 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

It's the number one complaint among the majority of Encore users authoring Blu-ray. It's always at the very top of my bug fix list with each version. It might take more than just my efforts though. If we can get an army of people to complain to Adobe, it might be more effective.

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 2:06 PM   in reply to Jon Geddes

Yeah Jon, this has also bugged me because it takes a few seconds for the disc to start a different playlist and there is a slight pause/break in the video/music which gives the finished product a rather amateur feel.  I'd like to give my clients professional, seamless viewing experience.  Where do I submit my complaint/bug?

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 5, 2013 2:19 PM   in reply to Le Wang

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 6, 2013 8:42 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

Thanks Stan. Report filed.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This