• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Does Adobe have an ADE App for Android, Apple and Surface devices? (Pads,Tablets &

Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2012 Dec 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Adobe have an App for ADE? ADE app for Android, Apple and Surface devices? (Pads,Tablets and Smartphones)

I am looking for an EPUB reader that will work on different devices. Does Adobe have anything other than the PDF reader? The problem with PDF is it does not reflow the text. The PDF document is not user friendly on smaller screens. I welcome suggestions!

Thanks,

Lisa-Renee

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that Adobe has such an App.

There is an app called Bluefire for android and most Apple devices which should do what you need,  including reading Adobe DRM books.

You need to make sure you register Bluefire with the same AdobeID you already use for other devices.

ADE won't copy direct to it, you need some other mechanism to transfer the .epub files to where Bluefire can get them.

I think a direct file system drag/drop will do that for android (not sure, I've never tried),

and Dropbox or iTunes will do it for iPad (Apple don't want to make things too easy by allowing drag/drop of files from computer).

There are others apps around as well as Bluefire too:

you may find the Overdrive app convenient if you want to get books directly from your local library to the device.

and some of the book publishers have apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you sjpt I will check it out and report back. I am creating digital documents with InDesign and exporting them as EPUBs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines