Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Major Problems!!! Memory issue?

Dec 27, 2012 3:59 PM

So I am putting together a Flash cs5.5 website and currently I am sitting at over 300MB.  IT seems that as the project got larger the bugs increased ten fold.  Now I can't even publish it.  It starts to publish, gets 1/3 of the way then just stops.  It tells me it can't find eternal importers when trying to import new images or video to the project, or can't read files copy and pasted from Illustrator and so on...and so on...

Is there anything I can do.  Im only at 260 frames but the resolution is 1000x1000.  I know some might suggest I lower all these things to avoid issues, but I want to know what I can do to complete it with these settings.  According to adobe memory shouldn't be an issue for quite a while.  I have 32gb ram and and pretty well equipped so I just don't see that there should be a problem on my end.  I am desperate for answers on this as I am working on a project for a client and would hate to see this fail.  I still need to import images and a host of other things and the project might get bigger down the road, and Thanks in advance.

Replies
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 27, 2012 4:33 PM   in reply to spindrift_loop

your swf is 300mb?

if so, you should be loading your bitmap and sound assets dynamically and not importing them into your fla.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 28, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to spindrift_loop

anything you want displayed without pause would need to be preloaded.  ie, load it before it is needed.

the time required to preload those images is not much different than the additional time needed to load your image containing swf vs the swf without those images.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 28, 2012 9:36 AM   in reply to spindrift_loop

if you have images logo1.png,logo2.png,...,logo100.png that you want to load:

var tl:MovieClip=this;

var imageNum:int=1;

var imageTotal:int=100;

loadF();

function loadF():void{

tl["loader_"+imageNum]=new Loader();

tl["loader_"+imageNum].contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLE TE,loadcompleteF);

tl["loader_"+imageNum].load(new URLRequest("logo"+imageNum+".png"));

}

function loadcompleteF(e:Event):void{

if(imageNum<imageTotal){

imageNum++;

loadF();

} else {

// loading of the images is complete.  you can now display any sequence without delays.  ie, start your app

startF();

}

}

// if you wanted a function to display a sequence of your images (ie, an animation), you could use displayF by passing an array of the image numbers.

// for example, if you wanted to display images 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, you would use displayF([1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8]);.  if you wanted to display images 3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24, use displayF(3,6,9,12,15,18,21,24])

function displayF(imageA:Array):void{

tl.imageA=imageA;

tl.currentIndex=0;

tl.addChild(tl["loader_"+imageA[0]]);

tl.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,enterframeF);

}

function enterframeF(e:Event):void{

tl.removeChild(tl["loader_"+tl.imageA[tl.currentIndex]]);

tl.currentIndex++;

if(tl.currentIndex<tl.imageA.length){

tl.addChild(tl["loader_"+tl.imageA[tl.currentIndex]]);

} else {

tl.removeEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME,enterframeF);

}

}

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,202 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 28, 2012 10:12 AM   in reply to spindrift_loop

you won't assign the images to frames.  you will display your animation using actionscript.

displayF in message 5 shows you how to do that.  you only need to call displayF() and pass the sequence of images that you want to display.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points