Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

PS CS6 installed instead of CS6 Extended

Dec 27, 2012 10:08 PM

Hi there,

I downloaded the installer for the trial of Photoshop CS6 Extended, however upon installing it and using the trial, I do not have access to the 3D menu or any other Extended features. When the program starts up, it only reads Adobe Photoshop CS6 and the About Photoshop popup in the Help menu reveals it to be CS6 instead of Extended. Have I taken a wrong turn somewhere? I had problems with the download manager too in that after signing into it with my account the download did not immediately start and instead I had to select Photoshop CS6 from the list within the manager. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 27, 2012 11:20 PM   in reply to HeyItsJono

Which other Extended features are missing?

Your computer might lack the proper GPU for the 3D features.

The trial should always be Extended and the Extended features be »inactivated« on registration with a basic license.

Maybe contributors on this Forum might be able to help:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/download_install_setup

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 11:25 AM   in reply to HeyItsJono

Just because it worked in CS5 does not mean it will work in CS6.  Needs better GPU drivers.  What OS?  If XP it needs SP3 I believe.

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 29, 2012 6:34 PM   in reply to Curt Y

FYI, I don't believe 3D functionality is available at all from Photoshop CS6 in Windows XP, no matter what the service pack.

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:21 PM   in reply to Noel Carboni

That is correct - no GPU functions are enabled on XP in CS6 (and future versions of Photoshop will not support XP).

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 10:28 AM   in reply to HeyItsJono

Then the choice of Extended or standard comes down to which serial number you enter (or Creative Cloud which is always Extended).

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,534 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Dec 31, 2012 11:27 AM   in reply to HeyItsJono

Are you seeing the 3D menu grayed out, or is it just missing?

Very occasionally we hear from folks who say the Photoshop trial does not expose the Extended features, where they really should be showing.

I don't ever recall hearing a workaround or why this might happen.  Did you download the software directly from Adobe?  Is there any chance it's set to run in compatibility mode for XP?

-Noel

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points