Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

How do I install Photoshop from the .exe files I got from Adobe?

Dec 28, 2012 8:12 AM

I downloaded Photoshop CS2 from Adobe's site.  That download gave me 5 .exe files, including CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe, CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe, and CreativeSuiteCS2Disc3.exe. 

When I clicked on CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe, files were extracted and installation began.  I put in my serial number and other information, and things seemed to be going fine.  Then a window popped up with the message "Please insert Disk 2."  Well, I don't have a Disk 2.

My download included a file "CS2_install_Win.pdf."  In those instructions, it says "the InstallShield wizard may return an error, "Please insert disk [ number ]." If this error occurs, click OK in the dialog box and then double-click the disk image to which the installer refers to manually extract the disk and complete the installation."  So, I clicked on CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe, which overwrote the extracted files from CreativeSuiteCS2Disc1.exe.  But the box saying "Please insert Disk 2" didn't go away. No matter how many times I clicked "OK" it just stayed there.  

Still, CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe ran, and when it was done I got a message that installation was complete.  But, when I tried to run CS2, I got an error that my serial number and organization were invalid or not installed properly.  I know they were installed because I put them in when I ran CreativeSuiteCS2Disc2.exe

So, given that following the pdf instructions that came from the download don't seem to work, can anyone out there offer me better instructions on how to do this installation?  I was thinking of extracting each .exe file to a CD, then just inserting those CDs one at a time.  Will that work?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 28, 2012 8:45 AM   in reply to Troubled One

Missing personalization infopoints to permissions/ user privileges issues which are to be expected with such old versions on contemporary operating systems. Run as admin, turn off security stuff, try compatibility modes. Actualyl burning the discs will of course work, but you might look into simply mounting folders/ disc images as virtual drives e.g. using Daemon Tools Lite or your disc burning software's own disc mounter.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points