Skip navigation
sbibler
Currently Being Moderated

Permissions problem with Photoshop Elements 10

Dec 28, 2012 3:46 PM

Tags: #launch #permissions #access_privileges

I have been using Photoshop Elements 10 for over a year. It was working fine, then a couple hours after the last time I used it, I was unable to launch. The message said "Could not open a scratch file because you do not have the necessary access privileges." When I closed that message, another message appeared "Could not initialize Photshop Elements because you do not have the necessary access privileges."

I have deleted anything pertaining to PSE in the Preferences folder and the Saved Application States folder. Still got the same messages.

I would truly appreciate any help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 28, 2012 6:07 PM   in reply to sbibler

You are running from an administrative account? You've repaired permissions?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 6:50 AM   in reply to sbibler

Don't put .plist files back. They regenerate on their own.

To see if you are the admin, go to system prefs>users and groups, click on your account name in the list on the left and see if "Allow this user to administer this computer" is turned on.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 10:32 AM   in reply to sbibler

Sorry, but I'm busy chasing a malware-posting spammer and don't have enough focus to concentrate on things that require much thought right now. I'll dig around later on and get back to you.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 5:10 PM   in reply to sbibler

I'm not sure deleting those caches will help, but you might as well try it. Those you could put back again if it doesn't work.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points