Skip navigation
chuckpj
Currently Being Moderated

Adobe Photoshop Elements 11

Dec 28, 2012 5:30 PM

using elements 11, how do I access the selection tool to select the out-of-frame portion?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 28, 2012 11:55 PM   in reply to chuckpj

chuckpj wrote:

using elements 11, how do I access the selection tool to select the out-of-frame portion?

Do you mean that you are in the following situation:

- you have brought a picture from the picture bin over your image in the work space

- the new image is then on its own layer, but as it is much bigger than the background, you can't see the bounding rectangle to resize the new layer ?

In such a situation, I have set the preference to zoom the image with the center wheel of the mouse.

When the picture is on its new layer, I use the /transform/ command (shortcut Ctrl T) and use the wheel to zoom the picture in the workspace so that I can see the whole bounding rectangle outside the main image. Then I can select an angle of the bounding rectangle and move it towards the center to resize without distorting. You can then zoom back and make finer size and position adjustments.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 5:37 AM   in reply to chuckpj

Are you talking about the out of bounds guided edit? Just click this button and then drag in the photo:

Screen Shot 2012-12-29 at 8.36.36 AM.png

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points