Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Background color between divs within fluid grid

Dec 28, 2012 9:16 PM

Just starting to work with the CS6 fluid grid layouts.  One issue I can't work out - background colors between the "columns".  Example - My website has a blue background color.  I have a two divs side by side.  Dreamweaver automatically assigns a left-margin to the div on the right.  That left-margin shows the blue (body) background, whereas I would prefer the divs to cosy up to each other with the same white background.  I cannot seem to just add up the percentages of the left-margin and the div and then eliminate the left-margin.  That pushes the div onto a new row.  I tried adding white as the background-color to the gridContainer class, but that shows up the white margins on each side of the website that I do not want.  I guess I could put a background image behind the whole website that might work, but I assume I'm missing a really easy resolution? Thx in advance...

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 4:32 PM   in reply to NotEnoughHours

By default, there is gutter space between floated divisions in FGLs.  I've found no way around this except to compromise a little on design and to keep things very simple.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points