Skip navigation
JasmeetBhatia
Currently Being Moderated

Can a non - designer do great in designing?

Dec 29, 2012 5:07 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm thinking of learning Photoshop, Illustrator and Flash. I want to make a career in Flash gaming and animation. What's stopping me to get started is I'm afraid, I'll not be able to do good work in it. Reason being, I've never had a good hand in art. While many creative ideas and themes for games and animations constantly come to my mind, I don't have that artistic talent a designer has since the beginning. Especially with Photoshop and illustrator. Cause I don't have any sense of good designs, aesthetics and color combination. Being an I.T. graduate hasn't helped too. Please share your thoughts.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 5:52 AM   in reply to JasmeetBhatia

Many programmers team up with a designer for all the art. Maybe you should do this too. You just make sketches of your ideas and let the artist refine them to arty stuff.

But be aware of legal issues, you have to make the right contracts with the artist so you are allowed to use the art as you intend to (game itself, advertizing, online distribution, maybe in print media too?) so you dont get in legal dispute later on.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points