Skip navigation
Joseph Heyman
Currently Being Moderated

No previews showing?

Dec 29, 2012 8:07 AM

I just switched from cs5 to cs6 and Bridge does not show a preview when I select an image. I get an icon with a file number. I am running on a new MacBook Pro with 8 G and just updated all files. I appreciate any ideas. I have tried several workspaces.

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 29, 2012 8:40 AM   in reply to Joseph Heyman

I appreciate any ideas. I have tried several workspaces.

First try to purge cache for a file, click on a thumbnail and with right mouse click menu choose purge cache for selection. If that brings the thumb and preview back to live the best thing to try is restart bridge holding down option key and from the pop up window choose both reset preferences and purge entire cache.

Don't know how you upgraded and installed but Bridge CS6 uses another cache format then CS5 so it has to recache all again.

If this does not help please provide more details about OS version and Bridge version (about Bridge) and also PS version and ACR version if you try to view raw files. And also what file tuypes you are trying to view.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    4,001 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Dec 30, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to Joseph Heyman

I wonder why Adobe does not bring this up in the guide for installation

Glad the solution helped you. About adding this info to the installation guide, to be honest, I never had this happening myself after installing a new version, it automatically started to build up new cache. It should also not occur when having a default install but I often state their are as many workflows as their are users...

And I also don't use the option to write cache to folders, maybe you did so in previous versions and that caused your problem??

On the defending side, their are so many different set ups that it is not easy to write a good manual. In fact, I can't remember when I saw a proper install manual at all. And the help files are since the transition to online also not that easy for finding a solution.

That said, I also don't know when having ever seen a proper manual in print :-)...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points