Skip navigation
Stu Allen
Currently Being Moderated

I have to force quit Premiere Elements 11 to close it

Dec 29, 2012 5:37 AM

Tags: #11 #premiere_elements

I have now tried Premiere Elements 11 on two different Mac Mini models and have experienced the same issue.

Basically when I have finished working on a project I 'save' it as normal. I then close the program and it hangs for ever. The only way I can close the program is to 'force quit'. If I just open a project up and watch parts of it I can then close the program without any issues. Seems to be as soon as I press 'save' the program will not close afterwards.

This has happened on an older Mac Mini. I then upgraded my computer to a Mac Mini 2012 2.3 GHz Quad-core and still have the same issue with every single project I am working on. Some of these I only started on the new Mini. Today I installed 16GB of Crucial Ram and tried the program out again and it still will not close without having to do force quit.

Has anyone else had this issue? I have read about one other person with the same problem but with no conclusion.

I have to say the program itself I like but not the closing down part.

Thanks

Stu

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 8:20 AM   in reply to Stu Allen

I'm running it on my Mountain Lion with a dual-core 2.6 ghz and 4 gig of RAM and I've never had that problem, Stu. So it's really bizarre that you're seeing it on two different computers!

I assume you've run disc diagnostics to make sure it's not a disc problem. And you've run tests on the memory. And I also assume you've got at least 100 gigs of free space on your hard drives.

If so, the question I'd ask would be what do these two computers have in common? Do they have any of the same software?

Figuring out what your two computers have that mine does not will likely be the key to diagnosing your problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 3:02 PM   in reply to Stu Allen

Well, you can eliminate Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements from that list.

For my money, I'd bet it's Lightroom causing the problems. But, short of removing it from one of your computers, I don't know any way to verify it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 1, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to Steve Grisetti

Not knowing Mac's, this question might not be so easy to answer, but on a PC, one can look in Windows Task Manager, to see exactly what programs, services and processes are running, at any given moment. I would assume that the Mac has a similar utility. If it does, I would do a test, and quit PrE, after a Project Save, then look at that utility, to see exactly what programs, services or processes ARE still running, and especially which Adobe modules are running. That would narrow things down quickly. If the Mac does not have such a utility, there should be a 3rd party utility available to track down running programs, services and processes.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points