Skip navigation
COPics921
Currently Being Moderated

Raw image support from LR4.3 to CS4

Dec 29, 2012 8:54 AM

Tags: #cs4 #lr4.3

I upgraded to LR4.3 and CS4.  When I open a raw image in CS4 from LR4.3, the image quality is horrible.  A message appeared that I need camera raw plugin 7.3, however, this is not available for CS4.  Is there a solution to this problem or do I need to upgrade to CS6?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 5:32 PM   in reply to COPics921

Not sure you issue may be something else.  What OS are you using?

Camera Raw 7.3 would only be needed if you have a fairly recent camera.  What camera shot the pictures in question?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 6:29 PM   in reply to COPics921

You updated but I'll post the following for anyone else who has the same question in future.

LR 4.3 is equivalent to Camera Raw 7.3. If LR and Ps aren't communicating well, you can export an image file from LR then open that into Ps. For 16-bit, choose TIFF with ZIP compression unless you don't mind an enormous file. 16-bit PSD is another option but its Background layer has no compression and will be the same huge size as an uncompressed TIFF.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:33 PM   in reply to COPics921

Like I said, I posted for other people since you had already upgraded. By the way, going directly from LR to Ps involves the same conversion as going from LR to Ps via a TIFF or PSD file.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points