Skip navigation
dagware
Currently Being Moderated

PE 11 Quicktime Chapter Titles?

Dec 29, 2012 10:31 AM

Tags: #premiere_elements_11 #chapter_titles

I've been using iMovie, and just purchased PE 11 (Mac). In iMovie I can add chapter titles to a video, and when I export it to a Quicktime or m4v format, then open up the exported movie in the Quicktime Player, the chapter titles show up in a drop-down list.

I'd like to do the same in PE 11, but I can't figure out how. I tried adding timeline markers and then specifying chapter information, but this doesn't show up in the exported Quicktime movie. I've done tons of web searches, but to no avail. Perhaps Adobe doesn't refer to them as "chapter titles"?

Can someone please tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks.

Dan

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 1, 2013 10:16 AM   in reply to dagware

Because QT Chapter Markers are specific to playback in QT Player, and the Chapter Markers in PrE are specific to DVD's and BD's, they will not translate - different types of Markers for different purposes, one will encounter what you observe.

Thank you for posting the 3rd party utility, that WILL apply QT Chapter Markers to your output files. That info will help others in the future.

Now, having the capability to add the QT Chapter Markers in PrE (just an additional type of Marker), would make a great feature request.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points