Skip navigation
atlanticSeagull
Currently Being Moderated

Tablet problems in Elements 10

Dec 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Tags: #photoshop #problem #elements #troubleshooting #lag #10 #tablet #editor #pen #bamboo #lags #glub_all_of_this

I installed photoshop elements 10 from my wacom eu account after I got a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch, as this was a part of the purchase. The installation went painfree, and I have no issues using photoshop with my computer mouse or touchpad.

However, when I connect my tablet, start photoshop elements and press down my pen to draw, what i do with my tablet dosen't synchronise on the screen and lags. Sometimes it dosen't draw at all. Photoshop also reacts as if i right clicked when I lift the pen in both cases. How do I solve this?

I have the latest driver, I just installed everything a couple of days ago, I use windows 7.

PS: I had a very similar prooblem after first installing ArtRage3, but I solved this by disabling Winpad in the preferences. I don't know if this is relevant, just as a note.

normal

one.jpg

when using mouse/touchpad, creates clean lines, works just fine

two.jpg

when using my tablet, photoshop decided it didn't want to draw today after all

three.jpg

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,852 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 12:25 PM   in reply to atlanticSeagull

Make sure you have the correct settings in the Wacom control panel e.g. for pressure sensitivity etc.

Also select the standard brush tool (you have the artistic brush selected). When you have the brush tool selected a pen icon appears in the options bar and you can also click the dropdown menu for additional pen options.

wacom-options.png

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 6, 2013 5:24 AM   in reply to atlanticSeagull

I am having the exact same problem, any help will be appreciated!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points