Skip navigation
farolim
Currently Being Moderated

Validation error

Dec 29, 2012 11:56 AM

When I validate a text I have the message: Validation error- text run is not  not in unicode normalization form C. What can I do ? The text is made on inDesign and export to html.

Thank you

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 26, 2013 7:52 AM   in reply to farolim

I would just consider it a tip about  a possible portability problem in your document.

If you're aware if it and you don't consider it a real problem, you can ignore the error.

I'm not sure the HTML5 spec states a requirement on Unicode Normalization Form C,

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to farolim

You need to test that it displays on the platforms of your user demographic.

IMHO, If no problems, you can ignore it.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 11:31 AM   in reply to farolim

My apologies for speaking in shorthand, IMHO means "in my humble opinion".

Your hosting company should provide statistics on the kinds of devices your visitors are using to view your content.

If you care to post a link to a sample of your online content, we can let you know whether it functions on our various desktop, Ipads and handheld devices for you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 26, 2013 12:15 PM   in reply to Ken Binney

e-Books are typically viewed in an e-Book reader like Amazon Kindle, Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Glo, etc... These devices don't behave like regular web browsers.  So be sure to test your product in the devices you plan to support.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points