Skip navigation
shinlimmagic17134
Currently Being Moderated

why is adobe encore cs6 dvd's really pixelated?

Dec 29, 2012 6:57 PM

Ok, so I've used final cut and corel and Encore. Out of the 3, Encore is the worst. and yet it cost the most, and is the most confusing to use as well. When I burn the dvd, it looks pixelated with lots of blurry unnecasary lines. In fact, corel and Final cut are much better when it comes to quality. Also, I've tried both adobe dynamic link and mped2dvd with all the highest quality etc. and they both have the EXACT same result. It looks really pixelated.

Help please........

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 29, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

How long is your content? What datarate are you using?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:03 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

2 hours often does not do well on a single DVD. What datarate?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:10 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

Datarate is the amount of info per time - the default for Premiere export MPEG2-DVD is a target rate of 6Mbps. When you dynamic link to Encore, it will generally use the default of "automatic" and use whatever datarate to fill the disk. A higher datarate gives better quality. But too high a datarate, and the material will not fit on the disk.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:21 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

I'm not saying that. Just trying to get an idea what you have. some people do not think DL gets good results. A target of 6 may or may not be correct for your material.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 7:47 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

Can be many causes. What is your source  material? Sequence settings for editing? Export settings? (I have assumed the default mpeg2-dvd.)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 29, 2012 9:35 PM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

1280x720

That is not DVD size. You forced Encore to transcode it again. Export as something that Encore does not have to re-transcode. (Mostly, stick to the defaults for MPEG2-DVD.)

If you want to see that nice HD quality, you must create a bluray.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 6:49 AM   in reply to shinlimmagic17134

ya but when i'm working with corel and fcp, they both still do better(and i mean MUCH BETTER) than encore.

Small differences are one thing. You clearly have something wrong. If you see the same result on your computer as on a burned disk, can you post a screenshot of what  you are seeing?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points