Skip navigation
cschodt48
Currently Being Moderated

Strange "Whooshing" Sound glitch from Premiere CS6, then horrible errors.

Dec 29, 2012 7:36 PM

Tags: #error #audio #playback #bug #sound #glitch #cs6 #source #asio

About 3 out of 4 times when I try to either play a clip in the timeline, or load an audio clip into the source veiwer, Premiere makes a soft "whoosh" or sighing sound, and completely locks up.  When this happens, ALL sound on my computer goes dead.  I can't play audio from any other program or source.  Usually, Premiere let's me start interacting with it again after 5-10 seconds, and sound generally comes back after 30-60 seconds, but the issue happens again as soon as I try to do anything with my project, and sometimes it requires a hard reset to fix.

This has made editing nearly impossible.  I've been editing video professionally for about 2.5 years, but I'm completely self taught and new to premiere, and I don't know if there's something small and basic I'm totally ignorant of that would fix this. 

I'm running  CS6 on a PC with...

Windows 7 64 bit

Phenom II X4 965

Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium

8 gig RAM

Plenty of hard drive space

No other open programs

Radeon HD7950 (I know Premiere can't use it).

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 8:48 AM   in reply to cschodt48

Sound Driver http://www.asio4all.com/ has fixed problems for other people... I have NOT used it, so you will have to search the forum for help

If that does not work, and your motherboard has integrated sound, remove your sound card and driver and test with the motherboard sound

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 8, 2013 3:39 AM   in reply to cschodt48

Just thought I'd mention that I have never managed to sort this problem out.  I'm also on Win 7 64 but I'm running a Xeon processor.  The machine completely locks up needing a hard reboot when this happens.  The only way I have worked around it is by removing the X-Fi card and drivers complely and relying on the pc's on-board audio.    

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points