Skip navigation
matt_gh2
Currently Being Moderated

For CS6 Premiere Pro, is 32 bit color always turned on when you start project?

Dec 30, 2012 12:46 AM

Tags: #color #adobe #pro #premiere #32 #bit

Rookie question here:  For CS6 Premiere Pro, is 32 bit color always turned on when you start a project?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 4:03 AM   in reply to matt_gh2

Nope, you should tick Maximun Bit Depth checkbox within Sequence Settings dialog box to enable this.

See this The Video Road article for some more details on 32-bit workflow.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 11:40 AM   in reply to Fuzzy Barsik

Thanks fuzzy, that was nice of you. I didnt know how that 32 bit floating thing worked and your included link was very helpful to me. I like that there is that overhead or leeway for both ends... not blown out highlights and closed blacks. Since I'm considering buying a camera next april it is helping me decide what to get, knowing about the stuff you provided.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 11:44 AM   in reply to Fuzzy Barsik

Thats a great link to a very well written article.

Thanx for posting it.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 11:52 AM   in reply to shooternz

Rod, Craig, any time!

And Happy New Year to all!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 12:49 PM   in reply to matt_gh2

There were 2 Tick Boxes in the article.

One for Previews and One for Render.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 12:55 PM   in reply to matt_gh2

matt, you have to read that article and try to understand what is happening within the program, which may or may NOT have anything to do with what you are trying to see in your understanding of " preview" on screen... sorry but the tech stuff in that article kinda explains the color ranges described by the number of bits ( 0 to 255 for 8 bit for example ) and how it relates to 32 "floating" bit.  Maybe you could try to describe better what you want to see using what you are using right now ? It may be that you are talking about something else ( like what you see in your monitor after you render something ? ). I'm not sure what you are really looking for.

And, yes, you do have to turn on maximum bit depth in order to achieve what the article is telling you about depending on what your source is and what your output is going to be ( see article toward bottom re: different types of source material ).

I have a sneaky suspicion that you are really just looking for a better looking 'color' on your monitor after you render your timeline or something.???

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 1:07 PM   in reply to matt_gh2

Matt, I wonder how you are going to do 32-bit colour correction without previewing?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 7:01 PM   in reply to matt_gh2

I really only need that quality on export.

There's no way to get that quality on export.  At best, you can probably do 10 bit.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points