Skip navigation
AvaFedorov
Currently Being Moderated

inDesign 5 crashes before it completely opens

Dec 29, 2012 8:33 PM

Tags: #cs5 #indesign_crash #indesign_problem #indesign_packaging_crash #indesign_install

I bought CS5 back in 2010 and inDesign never worked. It always crashed before the program even fully opened. Since, at the time, I didn't need inDesign, I didn't worry about it. Now I need inDesign and it's a HUGE problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled CS5 on my computer (which now means I am only running a trial version, since it won't let me use the serial number again- that's another problem!) and and STILL having the same problem Is my version just defective? Please help!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Dec 30, 2012 2:47 AM   in reply to AvaFedorov

You are not offering any system information nor actually telling us any other details like what suite the program is part of. Therefore we can't even begin to advise. If the rest of the programs work, it's almost impossible that the program itself is damaged. This is really some specific problem on your computer.

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 30, 2012 12:58 PM   in reply to AvaFedorov

AvaFedorov did you receive an error message which prevented you from entering your licensing information?

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 8:24 AM   in reply to AvaFedorov

Moving this discussion to the InDesign forum.  AvaFedorov the users in this forum may have suggestions on how to resolve your current difficulties with launching the InDesign software.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 31, 2012 8:36 AM   in reply to AvaFedorov

You said you ininstalled and reinstalled. Was that the entire suite, or just InDesign? Are the other applications still working normally, or are they7 also running as a trial?

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 2, 2013 5:17 AM   in reply to AvaFedorov

Did you enter your serial number for the suite during the install?

I think I would suggest you uninstall again, then run the clean tool (CS Cleaner Tool for installation problems | CCM, CS6, CS5.5, CS5, CS4, CS3) and reinstall.

If you continue to get an unexpected quit after that, please post the crash report on pastebin.com, not here, and put a link to it here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 3, 2013 2:41 AM   in reply to AvaFedorov

You may be able to just enter the serial number and activate this time by using the Help menu without needing to uninstall. Worth a try if you haven't uninstalled already...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points