Skip navigation
Piroga
Currently Being Moderated

Check for updates for photoshop elements 11 and windows 8

Dec 30, 2012 1:10 AM

Tags: #potoshop_elements_11 #upgrades_on_windows_8

Good morning.

I just updated the operating system to Windows 8.

When I try to check for updates for photoshop elements 11, I get an error message from "adobe application manager", who tells me: "The update server is not responding,

may be temporarily offline or internet firewall settings may be wrong. "

I tried for several days to update, but the error is always the same.

With windows 7 everything worked properly.

Can you suggest any solution?

thanks

Stefano

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 2, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to Piroga

Most likely there is a security setting that is blocking the Adobe Application Manager (AAM, the updater) from connecting to the internet to "protect" your computer. Check your firewall and/or anti-virus settings to verify that AAM is not blocked. You may also want to create exceptions for this application to ensure it is not blocked in the future.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 5:54 PM   in reply to Brett N

I've got the same exact problem.  I have both Lightroom 4 and Photoshop Elements 11;  Lightroom 4 updates fine, Photoshop 11 sends me the same message as Piroga noted.   PE 11 must have a few bugs;  I cannot edit the body of the email when I want to share photos via PE 11's email attachment selection.  Hope someone is working on a fix.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 18, 2013 7:17 PM   in reply to Piroga

Have you tried running it as Administrator?  To do this you need to right-click on the Adobe Application Manager and then select Run As Administrator.  This is what I do in Windows 7 so it should be the same in Windows 8.  I don't have Windows 8 at present to try it out.

Good luck.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 8:44 AM   in reply to mytaxsite.co.uk

I am relatively new to Windows 8, really have not decided if I like it or not, but I cannot find the desktop icon or app icon to right click on.  When I try to update PE11, the error notice comes from AAM, but I cannot find the AAM program on my computer.  I am running PE11 as the adminstrator but that does not change anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 19, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to Piroga

I could not get to AAM in the method you were discribing.  I did find the .exe file for AAM and got the same error message as described initially.  How would I find another copy of AAM and reload it on my computer.  By the way, using the same internet service and wireless router on my older win xp desktop works just fine as far as updates thru AAM.  Its amazing how older machines work better than the new ones at times.  Would the AAM program be on the original PE11 cd or would I have to get it from the Adobe website?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points