Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Slideshow Module Inaccessible in Lightroom 4.3

Dec 30, 2012 6:08 AM

Tags: #problem #lr4 #lightroom4 #slideshow_module

Since updating to Lightroom 4.3, I cannot access the Slideshow module. Each time I try, I receive the following message:

"An error occurred when attempting to change modules."

I have researched the problem and been offered suggestions to solve the problem. I have followed instructions to resolve the issue including:

• replacing the preferences file (com.adobe.Lightroom[VERSION#].plist) and

• deleting my user created slideshow templates

The problem still persists. Does anyone know of a solution beyond what’s stated here?

Replies
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 30, 2012 11:07 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

Have you also tried running the installer again?

I'm hearing a few reports, but no known solutions yet.  You could try a clean user account to see if it works there, if it's causing you a big problem.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 31, 2012 11:45 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

Hold that thought Roccobamonti.  I've got a couple of other users with the same issue, and it works for them in a clean user account (created in System Preferences > Users & Groups) so we're just trying another trick.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Dec 31, 2012 12:30 PM   in reply to Roccobamonti

Do you have a second monitor attached?  It's coming up in some of the reports.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jan 1, 2013 6:07 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

Try disconnecting it, then go back into LR, then see if it works.  Some people are reporting it then continues working when they reconnect.

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Jan 1, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

Ok, I think we're going to need QE's input on this one.  I'll flag it up so they look at it as soon as they're back in the office.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jan 11, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

I am running OS 10.8.2 with LR 4.3 and I discovered this problem just the other day. I have reinstalled LR 4.3, temporarily moved all homemade slideshow presets, moved all preferences (as if they were deleted) and the problem persisted. So I tried disconnecting my second monitor (I have a 27" iMac with my second monitor being the 30" Cinema Display.) I got out of lightroom and restarted with the Cinema Display disconnected and the slideshow module worked just fine. I quit Lightroom again and reconnected my monitor and restarted the program and the slideshow module did not work. So for my situation and testing, the problem with the slideshow module exists while having the second monitor connected.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 16, 2013 6:24 PM   in reply to Roccobamonti

I can report the same problem - running a MacBook with Mountain Lion 10.8.2 and a second monitor display and LR 4.3.  Same issues - can now only get slideshow if disconnect secondary monitor or move main LR interface to main screen and run slideshow on secondary screen separately.  Quick fix please!

|
    Mark as:
    Mar 19, 2013 6:02 PM   in reply to Roccobamonti

GUYS! I have tried everything and was on the phone with Adobe for over 2 hours! None of these suggestions worked but I just cracked the code for my situation. On OSX 10.8.3, the Libray is hidden so hit "control" while in finder and click on the Library icon. Then, click "get info" on the library icon. Then, unlock the permissions on the bottom of the get info window and make sure all the users have "read/write" access. I also added "Admin" since it wasn't in there. Make sure you click the settings wheel and "apply the changes". This worked instantly for me. I really hope this helps you all! Good luck!

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Mar 21, 2013 9:26 AM   in reply to Roccobamonti

It's fixed for some people in 4.4RC - hopefully it'll be fixed for everyone else in the final 4.4 release.

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 6, 2013 8:36 AM   in reply to Victoria Bampton

Not fixed in 4.4.  Module works but option to play on primary monitor is now missing.....can only play on secondary monitor...very disappointed

|
    Mark as:
  • Victoria Bampton
    5,302 posts
    Apr 1, 2008
    Apr 8, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to JimboG210

Can you explain more please Jimbo, including system specs?  I can't reproduce it so far.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points